Pirate 4x4 banner

welder, tubing bender, etc

3K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  UNLIMTD 
#1 ·
I am sick and tired of paying others to fabricate my shit..... it makes me feel worthless, plus I could have payed for the equipment to do it by now. So......

For those of you who do alot of fabricating.....

If you had around $1200 to get a welder, tubing bender, and chop saw what would you get? I have done bunches of searches and have lots of ideas, but I am looking for some straight up answers with reasons. I think this is a reasonable prospective cost, so give me your opinions.

I think I would stick with a 1.75" die for the bender for now that way I could do cages, bumpers, rocker guards, crossmembers and the like, but if you all have other ideas feel free to voice your opinions.

Thanks

One last thing, if anyone has any shop space in the Chattanooga,TN area that they wanna rent out, please email me

#31 ·
I ditched my chop saw for a dry cut carbide, but if I had to buy another one it would be the RIGID one.

Fill out one of those pre-approved low interest credit card slips and by some quality tools. Doesn't have to be the very best, but on big items like benders and welders, you dont want to have to do it twice.

#32 · (Edited)
Miller 175 - It does 1/4" without a problem.
Auto Darkening Helmet - VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Delux Cart
80 CF tank
$1000.00

HF Metal Bandsaw $139.00 I can do cuts of 1/16 thickness, much more accurate than a chap saw. I had the Dewalt Chop saw@ $200.00. I returned it, bought this and have never looked back. Well I got it on sale for $139.00 now it is $199.00.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37151

I am still looking for money for the tubing bender, but I decided that I needed to spend the money on the Welder, so I didn't have to do it twice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.