Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem figuring what size my bottle is.It is my Argon bottle and I think it is a 150 size but not sure.The reason I am asking is because I went some where today and they could not trade me out because it say's Liquid Gas around the neck and Mathession Tri Gas on the sticker threy put on to show the mixture last time I had it swapped.The place that did it is out of biusness now.I called another tri gas supplier and told him what is happening and he said if it is a 150 it does not matter what is on the neck but if it is the bottle larger than the 150 then somehow I have gotten a rental bottle.I do not want to waste the trip if it is a larger bottle that I can not just exchange on the spot since they are a hour and 15 minutes away from my shop.I am just looking for the diameter and hieght so I can tell.He said there are no numbers on the bottle that will tell me what it is.I think that can not be true.thx

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Ripper,

How tall is that bottle? 150 is 7" diameter, 46" tall? (150 cu ft)

I own my Argon bottle outright (125 cuft) which 7" diameter, 43" tall.
I *THOUGHT* that was maximum size I could buy here in Texas.

Note: measure to the top of the neck, not the valve.

My Oxy/Acetlyene are leased (rental). Noticed my Acetlyene bottle
was marked 145 cuft. No markings like that on the argon or oxy.
Hint... got two carpenters square... then it is easy to measure the
diameter of the bottle. :flipoff2:

It has been a while... still use AIRGAS (who bought out the place I bought 'em at).

Tom :usa:

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn mine is the 300 cf...thx for helping.When I got mine from the so called friend it was supposed to been payed for legally.This really bight's.I am going to look for a place that fill's them I geuss.I do not want a account with Mathession Tri Gas because they are to expensive and to far away.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Old Scout -- where did you find that chart? I went crazy looking, but still had a few numbers jotted down from when I built a support rack. :)

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
fj40guy said:
Old Scout -- where did you find that chart? I went crazy looking, but still had a few numbers jotted down from when I built a support rack. :)

It's linked, just right clic!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Old Scout said:
It's linked, just right clic!
Got it! Doh.... uh, I was distracted by you avatar.... hmm, need a German Beer. :) Prosit!

Tom

·
Registered
766 Posts
Do you have a tractor supply store nearby? That is where I trade my bottles out mainly because they are open 7days a week (which is convenient if you're welding and run out of gas on a sunday)...

bk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts