Pirate 4x4 banner
181 - 200 of 226 Posts
After years of watching this thread and being jealous of all these designs, I finally carved out some time to build a nice "welding cart". Ive had shitty carts for years so I'm real excited about this one. I still have to do the wiring for the outlets. I have 1 open outlet for my stick welder if I want to use it.

Untitled by Jay Gordon, on Flickr

Here it is when I 'finished' it. I'll take some updated photos later, it's changed a bit.

It serves as my welding cart (mig, tig, 2 bottles, and 4 drawers), as well as a 3x4' work table that I usually keep either in the middle of the garage, or pushed to the side, still having access to 3 sides of the table. I keep my grinders mounted to it, as well as (now) some smaller air tools, and it has a built in small bench grinder for sharpening tungsten tips.

How is that attached to the Millermatic?
My guess is there's a lifting lug sticking out of the top of the welder taking most of the weight, and the "cart" just balances with rubber feet on the top of the welder.

My guess is there's a lifting lug sticking out of the top of the welder taking most of the weight, and the "cart" just balances with rubber feet on the top of the welder.
50 % right, its bolted to the lug as you said but has 4 pieces of angle iron, 2 on each side welded to the tube and bolted to the cover. Really didn't think it would be enough but still going strong some time later.

My Millermatic 210 was damaged in my house fire a few months ago. I ended up replacing it with a Multimatic 215 which does both MIG and TIG. This new welder is so much smaller than the Millermatic 210 that I decided to build my own cart and get my stuff organized. Plasma on the bottom, Multimatic215 on the next level, Swag Off Road tool caddy on the side, room for more tools on the top, 4 spots to hang coiled wires, and two tanks on the rear... Argon for TIG and CO2/AR mix for MIG. The Swag tool caddy kicks ass. I used to have to rummage through a milk crate to find my tools... I love having them all in their place.

Table Furniture Machine Vehicle Metal

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Kia motors

Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive engine part

Machine Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Electric generator

My Millermatic 210 was damaged in my house fire a few months ago. I ended up replacing it with a Multimatic 215 which does both MIG and TIG. This new welder is so much smaller than the Millermatic 210 that I decided to build my own cart and get my stuff organized. Plasma on the bottom, Multimatic215 on the next level, Swag Off Road tool caddy on the side, room for more tools on the top, 4 spots to hang coiled wires, and two tanks on the rear... Argon for TIG and CO2/AR mix for MIG. The Swag tool caddy kicks ass. I used to have to rummage through a milk crate to find my tools... I love having them all in their place.

View attachment 2482010

View attachment 2482018

View attachment 2482026

View attachment 2482034
That is very nice. Just like your rig. Attention to detail.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.