Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Controll arm welding tips

I am in the process of making some controll arms for my Jeep, it has come time to weld. I have the RE spherical bearings for the ends, and am using 1.75, .25wall DOM tubing so I can sleeve the threading I got from polyperformance. I am a little nervous to weld the tubing togeather without warping the thing wall of the spherical bearing. My plan is to put the nut inside the spherical bearing to help hold the shape of the tube, and bevel the crap out of the dom tubing, and just spot weld it 180 degrees off, each weld. Does anyone have any better ideas, or better yet, has anyone done something similar with these sperical bearings. If so what was your method to make sure it didn't warp?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt.....anyone? There has to be someone on this board that can give me a little help.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt.

Someone at least tell me if they think the idea I have will work.
Please

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
The Sams Offroad anti-wrap bars look like they're 1/4" wall tube and the ends are 1/8" wall. I'd just weld the whole thing while focusing the heat on the 1/4" wall tubing. That's what I did with a buddy's anti-wrap bar and it seems to have held up fine. But I'm no expert.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
I egg shaped one of mine when I made these frame inserts to hang shackles from.

The new RE outter was only 6.00! :D I just took it easy and welded small sections and it work out great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts