Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had said before that i have a 5x5 3/16 thick piece of flat for my table top. I spilled some oil on it the other day and used my propane torch to " burn " it off. Now it has some kinda sheen to it. It's slick but not messy. Is this gonna prevent rust or did i fuck up my table?

Big Sexy

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
5trucks said:
I had said before that i have a 5x5 3/16 thick piece of flat for my table top. I spilled some oil on it the other day and used my propane torch to " burn " it off. Now it has some kinda sheen to it. It's slick but not messy. Is this gonna prevent rust or did i fuck up my table?

Big Sexy

That sheen is what turns the women on.....Big Sexy...or Delicious.....:flipoff2:

If you're that worried about it, just continue to wipe it down with lacquer thinner. Then, you could heat the table surface up again.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,458 Posts
You just protected the surface from rusting and the thin coat of oil, etc. left isnt a fire or electrical hazard, dont worry about it.

D.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They used to use oil to rust proof metal. After the metal was hot they would dunk it in oil and the carbon(or whatever) would bond to the metal to protect it. Saw it done one time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts