Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking about this for a few months now,a nd I finally did it last week:) . Now I really need to finish the body work, get the cage built and then get it all painted one color. So the work will never really end but man I sure do enjoy the whole topless experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is why I cut the roof off along with the fact that I thought having a topless pig would be cool

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Cool dude I love cut wagons! If you have seen any of my threads you would know why. Looks like you took those pics right after you cut it off cause the back pillers are still 6" long. I think you should bob it 20" or so to!! I bet FC187 would like this baby. When I cut mine it raised about 2" in the back. Wate till you wheel it you will love the difference.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the rear pilliars have been cut flush now. I did that today along with getting my gauges working. The truck is so fun to drive. I just can't wait to wheel it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Topless wagons are the shiznet! And I'm with them on this. You gotta bob that pig. You gonna try to leave the whole door frames on as well? Lookin good.:D

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still undecided about the door frames. Part of me wans to keep them and the other part of me wants to cut the rear doors off flush and weld the doors closed. Anyone ever had any luck welding doors closed? I really am just doing this with an open mind. So any input would be welcomed. Thanks

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
calfj60 said:
I am still undecided about the door frames. Part of me wans to keep them and the other part of me wants to cut the rear doors off flush and weld the doors closed. Anyone ever had any luck welding doors closed? I really am just doing this with an open mind. So any input would be welcomed. Thanks

Bo and Luke duke never had a problem with there doors welded shut.:p Welding on thin sheetmetal is always a challenge but it shouldnt be impossible with the thicker edge of the door skin.

I like it the way it is though.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it never gets real cold here and the fact that I only drive 3 miles work is even better and wen I go wheelin it only adds to the adventure. We had 2 inches of rain yesterday and now the sun is out and it has to be be 65 and beautiful. I think I will go and cut the rear doors:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
are going to keep the back seats? if so keep the doors i would bob the rear and make the doors quick release(sp) so you can pull them off... thats just my 2ct worth .... :D looks good keep the pics comin

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is what I did this afternoon:) I think I am happy with this cut and will leave the front doors as is. I will leave the rear doors so that they open and not weld them shut. I think now the top is done being cut. I am not going to bob it because a, I don't know how to finish the rear after making the cut and b, I have a big gas tank back there now:-(. I still may cut the rockers out, haven't decided. Keep the ideas comming:beer:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is what I did this afternoon. I think that is all I will cut from the top. I kinda like the front doors the way that they are. I still am thinking about cutting the rockers out but no bobing the tail end. I don'yt know how to finish it cleanly and I have a big gas tank back there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Bobing it is quite a bit of work but its a really nice mod. I still have room for all my stuff just cant sleep in the back anymore. I did a 32 gallon RCI fuel cell. I think its worth it! Here are a couple of pics of the fuel cell. Nobody better say anything about the shocks, they are not mounted just pushed out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey do you have any pics of the fuel cell and bob top side? I was wondering how that fuel cell looks from the top? and what the bob looks like from the side? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
I plan on cleaning a lot of this up in the future. I am going to get a piece of steel dimond plate and build some rear quarter guards with it and that will cover up where the seam is. This was a real bitch to do cause the back of the FJ60 body is tapered. I cut 16" out of the body so there was like a 3/4 inch gap when I tried to stick it back together. On top of there being a lot of dents to make the matter worse. But I got it to fit good and it sutes it purpose. If I was you I would do it befor I had a bunch of dents that would make it a little eayser.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts