Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 99 Cummins QC 4x4 Dually 5sp. Yeah, it's a huge pig. But I love it! :flipoff2: Now I gotta get it running right. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home.

My question is what can I do cheaply and quickly to get her running tits. As far as I can tell, it's bone stock. OEM exhaust, intake etc etc... As I was parking it today, something must have come loose in the huge hot water heater sized muffler as I can litterally hear sheetmetal bouncing around in it. :eek: Also, I found a rubber coupling hose that's loose and slipped past the clamp on the turbo. I guess I'm loosing boost there eh?

Can I just run a straight pipe taking out the muffler and cat without damaging the motor? Do I need to buy some pricey aftermarket jobbie? I plan to exhaust and chip and intake it eventually, but I need to do something about the exhaust on it now. Ideas? Thanks!!!

loppy

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha... so take me right to the expensive chit! :D

Dunno what I'm gunna do, but save some money for right now. What I really want is something that just mildly boosts everything, makes it really run right, like it wants to. I'm not interested in drag racing the thing and want max engine life. Is'nt there something quick and easy?

I wish someone made a kit. Just buy, plug in and go. Including exhaust.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
it is called banks and it is real easy, but way over priced. just buy a edge ez, a 4" exhaust, you don't have a converter so don't worry about it. and get a free flowing filter set up. or just go to dodge-diesel.com and read. there will be every thing you have asked about and more. just hit the search feature, it has been covered a 1000 times. mike

·
Premium Member
25,817 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on. Thanks guys. I love that site Matt. Seems like that's the POR of the Cummins world. I wanted to post and use the search function but did'nt have the $35 at the time to sign up. Next paycheck though, I'm in.
Will quit bugging you guys and go there. Lata! and thanks.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
that is why i sent you to www.dodge-diesel.com it is free and most of the guys hit both boards. i still read a lot of stuff at turbo diesel registry but i am not a member.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
damn, ill rent that fawker from you to go wheeling this summer as i need a tow rig. jiMMy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts