Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,817 Posts
larryboy said:
i think i told you so? didn't i? f450's and 550's are near their gvwr's just sitting at the dealer...don't load anything in em.

Thats pretty strange considering mine weighed in just under 3700kg (8150#'s)when I first got it, with both tanks full and me inside. GVWR on it is 7940kg (17,500#'s) and I have it licensed for a GCWR of 20,400kg (45,000#'s) With the deck, engine drive, Ar/Oxy/Acet and a whole bunch of other stuff it is ~7350kg (16,200#'s). The GVW is 5000#'s more than a similar F-350 while only weighing ~750#'s more than the F-350.

Jim - mine is a reg. cab 7.3/6 speed and I have 36" tires on it as well. It has been mildly bombed but not much and while it is not a speed demon it pulls much better than the F-350 it replaced. What transmission did you get with it? Reg/Super/Crew cab? Did you build your own deck or buy it with the truck?, lots of the pre-made decks are PIGS.

· Registered
3,817 Posts
16,200 is with it pretty much loaded up to the nuts with most of my machines and enough consumables, diesel and cylinders to last 2+ weeks. It is much nicer being under your GVWR by 1K+ than over it by a similar amount. I haven’t had the constant front end problems with it that plagued my Dodge 1 ton either. If you are dumb enough to buy an F-450 that is that close to the GVWR before it leaves the lot you deserve whatever headaches it causes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.