Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ive lurked and read and done some searching around here. And so far for my build ive come to the conclusion that its going to be to stages. First off im going to do some mild mods including.
Chassis stiffening
mild 3.5 short arm lift front springs and lower arms only
Extended brake lines blah blah blah all the regular gotta have things extended breathers and all that
Im planing on just boxing the lower arm brackets just so they wont pretezle
for the rear call me old school but ive decided to do a toyota style double shackle with some longer springs out of some other crap most likely gonna end up with chevy 63's

regular stuff nothing special but should provide for some excellent flex and ride

i want to try that clevis mount on the first shackle just because i hated the shackle to frame slap on my yota and im not half assing this one.

this along with 4.10 gears and 33's with alot of cutting should be a nice trail and rock rig, locked in the rear open front
only reason im going this far with the shitty d30 fornt and d35 is because i got the gears and rear detroit in a part of a trade, in the coming months, il be ditching both axles for a d44 front from a ford and a corp 14 rear both with 35's on 4.88 gears
the rear will stay the same i have nothing against running a 2-3 inch block to maintain the flatter spring and double shackle for best flex'
front im going to f250 shock mounts, and most likely a 3 link front maybe radius arm but about 6.5 inches of lift over all in the front hopefully in the end, and 6 flat in the back ( I like my rigs a little nose high)
and thats what im writing for today, opinions pictures anything would be awesome thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that idea has crossed my mind, i also thought about plating the entire length of the "frame" and in-boarding the leafs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts