Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a really good time all weekend. Met a lot of really nice people. Before I start into this I'd like to thank Joe and the guys from Ground Pounders. I'd also like to thank the guy in the Jeep that helped us get up out of triple trouble after the roll.

So here is what happened. I got to the top of the hill, rear d-shaft broke at the rear yoke. Started backing back down and the d-shaft dug in causing my truck to kick to the side and tumble down the hill about 4 times and land on the wheels. We put a spare on the front and jacked the roof up so I could get back in. The damn thing fired back up and I drove it back to camp after some assistance getting up the hill.

The truck is pretty much totaled. I have a 4 runner lined up to swap all my parts into. New additions will include a driveshaft loop and a roll cage. It's gonna be a busy winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,421 Posts
Holy crap!! Glad you're OK... What hill were you on?

One word: Cage!!! :eek: :D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
And to think this all happened because of the "smoking tree". What a chain of events.

I didn't show up on Monday, but Larry did. I'm not sure if he's the one that pulled you out or not. Glad to hear you were ok. I guess it's an excuse to make it bigger and better. Let me know if you need a hookup on parts.

Matt

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was down in the "bowl" that they call triple trouble coming up one of the center hills.
The frame is one big patch and it is broke just rear of the cab now. I could probably piece it back together, but I just got an 85 4 runner for parts that has a sweet frame. I figure that it is a really good excuse to put that together.
Yea, there will definately be a beefy exo on the next one.
And you are definately right, I am one lucky SOB. Someone met me at the bottom screaming in my window asking if I was O.K. We got the door open and I stepped out with just a few scratches and a little dazed.
I hi-lifted the roof a little more and was able to drive it out to the campground on Monday. We called a wheeling buddy and he drove 4+ hours w/ a trailer to come pick it up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
man you are really lucky. it looks like you need a cage. was this near the entrance on the left about 1/2 mile in from the tracks ? off camber and really loose clay/ schale rock ?:confused:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
launch_it , lets go. Finish your rig and we can be there. Let's go in half and buy a JD2 :eek: I'll have the $$ in a mo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts