Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Cool..

Now go climb a hill and tell me what you think :)

ps. When are you going to put the cool windshield on??

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jason M said:
Cool..

Now go climb a hill and tell me what you think :)

ps. When are you going to put the cool windshield on??
love em still, cause I can lock em down with two 1/2" trailer pins in about 30 seconds. :D

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
GloNDark said:

love em still, cause I can lock em down with two 1/2" trailer pins in about 30 seconds. :D
Cool :)

When are we going wheeling?
This spring?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Macgyver said:

it's been mid 80 's here..........do we have to wait until spring????:D :flipoff2:

Nah, I just figure that I will not be able to put the cruiser together until spring ;)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
GloNDark said:
last pic.......that's my buddies jeep that he built for his dad.
dude it looks awesome and im sure you're a good fabricator

but if you go up a steep hill, it will roll over backwards, or roll towards the back and peel to the side, and throw you over

my POS rear springs and anti-wrap bar, causes bad action to happen on hills :( those weird ass shackle setups only serve to increase your anti squat, cause they unload/unfold when pointing uphill, serving to worsen the amount the rear diff wants to drive out under the car....

dont get me wrong though, it will work awesome on flat ground, and in like horizontal wheeling over big rocks and in rock gardens and stuff

·
Registered
130 Posts
LOOKIN SWEEET!!!!!!

now what do i have to do to have that kind of a background for my pics.. STUPID MICHIGAN!!!!!

·
Moderating Midget
27,537 Posts
BJ On Roids said:

my POS rear springs and anti-wrap bar, causes bad action to happen on hills :( those weird ass shackle setups only serve to increase your anti squat, cause they unload/unfold when pointing uphill, serving to worsen the amount the rear diff wants to drive out under the car....

That's what they did under my Cruiser too.....I would lose momentum and the Cruiser would "fall" as the shackles unloaded.

Look how my rear tires are "crawling" under my rig climbing....

Attachments

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have to worry about it with the three link rear. :D

Besides, if I decide later that I don't like em, I am going to shackles front and rear with the 3 link set up. The rear ain't walkin anywhere on me. :beer:

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
wngrog said:

That's what they did under my Cruiser too.....I would lose momentum and the Cruiser would "fall" as the shackles unloaded.

Look how my rear tires are "crawling" under my rig climbing....
and thats not even getting steep yet

but my wrap bar tries to get it to do that

man im raging about the anti-squat that my POS has, reminds me of the thread on here where everyone said that the wrap bars they had were ideal, and never made the vehicles squat....

I CALL BS :flipoff2: :D :D

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crawlin cruiser said:
Can i see a pic of you shackle set up?

Thanks Dan
I don't have a recent pic of it completed. The green dot below is actually where the 9/16 trailer pin goes thru the shackle and thru the box tubing to hold it in place. Basically making it a regular shackle set up. My buddies called it the "Buggy-less buggy leaf" set up. Sure 70% of the time I will have it locked, but when I need the extra 2 feet of rear travel. I got it. :D :evil:

As for shock lengths, the front is gonna max out the 9012's I got, and the rear will have to be limited so I can use the 9012 in the back at a 45 degree. When the tax return comes, it will be 14" Bilsteins front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
GloNDark said:

As for shock lengths, the front is gonna max out the 9012's I got, and the rear will have to be limited so I can use the 9012 in the back at a 45 degree. When the tax return comes, it will be 14" Bilsteins front and rear.
How are 14" Bilstiens going to be that much better than the 14" Rancho's???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts