Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<FONT COLOR="Yellow">The Eco Nazi's are really using this cal wilderness study to their advantage. They are super organized and have alerted all the liberal media sources they can.
Last night, one of our "local" tv stations (UPN13) had a piece on how offroaders are out of control in Agoura Hills. This is my back yard! I have been on 99% of those trails at one time or another. The vehicles they chose to film were all brand new type SUV's, and p/u's. The one kid (16-17ish, in his "rebelling stage") they chose to interview had spiked hair, a tongue ring, and couldn't even form a complete sentence. He was riding shotgun in his buddy's mommy's Yukon. When asked why he like to four wheel, he could only come up with "I don't know, it's fun I guess". The report went on to say that "offroaders tear down fences and whatever else is between them and where they want to go".

They then went into a quick blurb about the study released by cal wilderness. They said study shows how OHV are damaging california and are only out there to tear things up. They then had a Statement from Paul Spitdick, saying how OHVs are out of control and need to be regulated better by the BLM etc.

I couldn't believe thi sh!t actually got aired.

I am challenging EVERYONE to get a media run going with their club. We need to start showing the public what we are REALLY about! I will be contacting channel 13 and any other media I can, and I urge you guys to do the same.

Unfortunately, in light of this event and the Rubicon closure, I will not be able to start my "one company a week" letter writing campaign. I feel this needs to be fought on a local level here for now, as well as I will be doing everything in my power to help with the "operation snowball". As soon as their is time I will resume working on the letter writing campaign.

PSD</FONT c>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="yellow">"Its a Wheelbase Thing, Your Jeep Wouldn't Understand"</FONT c>

Peter S. Di Primo
V.P. - Ventura County Axle Snappers 4WDC
www.axlesnappers.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I sincerely hope C4wd is at least attempting to put together a media campaign as rebuttal to all these attacks.

------------------
CAUTION

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Yellowsub1962,Are local liberal paper The Sacramento Bee are starting to run bias articles you probaly allready have read it it on the board here.It is a dam shame!!!

------------------

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<FONT COLOR="Yellow">I'm aware of the Sac Bee article, and write them every chance I get... just lately, I have been focuse on "avalanche" and my local issues here...I hope you local guys can pick up my slack and keep trying to get the Bee to pull its head out of its A$$...keep it guys, we're getting the word out!!</FONT c>

------------------
<FONT COLOR="yellow">"Its a Wheelbase Thing, Your Jeep Wouldn't Understand"</FONT c>

Peter S. Di Primo
V.P. - Ventura County Axle Snappers 4WDC
www.axlesnappers.com
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts