Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looks nice so far, The only thing that looks a little off to me is the point that you tied on your hydro ram. I can not see in the pic to well but it looks like you are tieing in to your diff cover. Does it also tie into the cover ring if so then make sure it is not going to move at all or you will constantly have oil leaks. Good luck and nice job so far.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the diff cover is 3/16" think and I added another 3/16" plate to the cover then then welded the tabs for the ram to that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Jay~
Looks nice and should be fine. When I build things I go over kill so that is always my frame of mind. What if you used the two bolts in the diff cover in the last pic and made a braket that bolted up with the joint end of your ram and your current bracket. It would stop any little movment you might get that would turn into a crappy weekend in the worst spot ont the trail possible ( Murphys law). Depending on what trails you do and how much you push your rig it may not be needed but it looks like you can fab and weld so what would it hurt.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Jay~
I just noticed when you went steering over it changed the relation between your track bar and your drag link. If you have not planed on doing so you may want to raise you drivers side of the drag link to get everything back parralell to avoid any bump steer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
what kind of springs are those? what kind of truck? if those are EB springs or bronco springs, how tall are they compressed? and what kind are they

thanks jeff

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
jeff: the springs are 5.5" rockcrawler coils from Wildhorses. Don't have the measurments you want handy so go HERE . Hope that helps.

Jack: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Looks good Jaybird! If I could stop working on my V8 240z I would get my hydo stuff done!!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All right finally finished. The ram was acting goofy with it diconnected from the tie rod so I called Matt at West Texas and after a few conversations we got it. The bottom port of the box needed to go to the passenger side port on the ram and the ram neededs to be completely hooked up to act right. I am going to modify the pump for more fluid volume and that should do it. After I get the tires mounted on the new Allied beadlocks I will update with an actual rode test.
Matt at West Texas is the man to go to for this setup. His service has been outstanding. Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
What box are you using...and did you tap it yourself?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is the stock EB power steering box. The modification to the box was made by Matt at West Texas Offroad. He goes by TheLakeRat on the PBB. He supplied the ram, hoses, fittings, weld on mounts, nuts, bolts, rebuilt the box and port mods for $450. Damn good deal and a damn good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
201 Posts
jslater said:
It is the stock EB power steering box. The modification to the box was made by Matt at West Texas Offroad. He goes by TheLakeRat on the PBB. He supplied the ram, hoses, fittings, weld on mounts, nuts, bolts, rebuilt the box and port mods for $450. Damn good deal and a damn good guy to deal with.

i agree...but you might as well throw those brass 90 deg fitting in the garbage. i have broken both of mine and replaced them with the steel ones.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts