Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,431 Posts
While this is extremely important and needs to be taken seriously, and must not be allowed to pass, it has nothing to do with Land Use and has been moved to Gen4x4 by Yellowsub1962

:usa:

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
how could you ban somthing that is used off the road? I guess tractors should not be allowed to have flood lights too then, and construction crews should not be allowed work lights...... :rolleyes:

S.B. 370 ignores the fact that off-road hobbyists prefer the performance and design of aftermarket lighting equipment.
-your government ignores what you prefer

S.B. 370 ignores the fact that aftermarket lighting systems, including flood lamps and spot lamps attached to light bars, have many legitimate off-highway uses including the facilitation of hunting and camping activities.
-your government ignores fact

S.B. 370 ignores the fact that aftermarket lighting systems are manufactured to improve off-road safety.
-your government ignores your safety

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Our governor passed special legislation just so the Jeep Liberty with the Renegade package could be sold in this stupid backwoods state.

We can not have functioning lights on our vehicles any higher than the head lights. We can have lights in the windshield frames and on light bars but they cannot be connected.

Our lift laws are very strict as well, no tires shall protrude from the vehicle, max bumper height of 31". Shoot, legally our bumpers have to be as least the width of the centerline of our tires, ie no shorty bumpers.

I hate this state:(

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
YJ4RoX said:
We can not have functioning lights on our vehicles any higher than the head lights. We can have lights in the windshield frames and on light bars but they cannot be connected.
So..... splice in a connector in the wiring to the light bar and unplug it untill you get to the trail. Then they're not connected.

·
Registered
19,421 Posts
How could West Virginia, of all states, be so strict about jacked up trucks with light bars ? :confused: :flipoff2:

But why would this matter even get to the table in the first place? Unless there's an epidemic of idiots that like to blind people on the highway with a dazzling display from a dozen chrome KC's. Are they trying to ban them because of the "potential" of the owner to blind people? I just don't see what the issue is with them.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
This is really hipocritcal, but I dont see offroaders as a problem.

I have a fair amount of watage on the front of my truck, and I could make driving really uncomfortable for people driving in the oposite direction, but I dont because I know how bright they are.

The people I think shouldnt have these lights are those that drive around with them, and never hit the trail. SOCCER MOMS... wtf does a soccer mom that will never go offroad need a light bar for. They are the ones that are going be be driving around making driving shitty for every one else.

Those stupid mercedies m class "suvs"... have hella light on the front for "offroad" driving. I am constantly blinded by these CARS because some idiot thinks he can run them on, while driving on the road.

:mad:

It is bullshit though, but I am a little desensitized though. In NJ cant have more than one set of aux little... and non over the hood. I live with bullshit dot law all the time in this state.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Personally, i think this issue is being looked at because the attention WV got with the whole liberty renegade package.

I only see maybe 1-2 trucks a month with a light bar on it. They arent even popluar in this state. People know they will get pulled over if they run them so they dont, plus they are ugly.

did i mention i hate this fawking state:flipoff2:

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,431 Posts
Malltero said:
This is really hipocritcal, but I dont see offroaders as a problem.
are we ever really a problem?? - every group has it's bad apples, but the media, and now our elected officials, continue to stereotype us to death....

I have a fair amount of watage on the front of my truck, and I could make driving really uncomfortable for people driving in the oposite direction, but I dont because I know how bright they are.
if everyone had common sense we wouldnt need 90% of the laws we have today....

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
If that is the law in WV, how do snow plow operators get away with elevated lights?

I don't have the exact number, but I believe the FMVSS addresses maximum height for headlights and I believe it is 54" above the ground.

It's somewhere in 49 CFR.

Paul

·
Banned
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YellowSub1962 said:
While this is extremely important and needs to be taken seriously, and must not be allowed to pass, it has nothing to do with Land Use and has been moved to Gen4x4 by Yellowsub1962

Sorry, was not exactly sure where to stick it.

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,431 Posts
Pavemen said:

Sorry, was not exactly sure where to stick it.

no problem - posting it in the wrong place and making people aware of it is much better than not posting at all :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts