Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: IT'S NEXT WEEK THERE IS STILL ROOM FOR ABOUT 20 MORE RIGS.

Here is the updated website link.
It's time to register.

Matt

To anyone interested,

It's time to sign up for our Annual Jamboree.
The event will consist two days of guided trail rides, from stock to extreme, and probably a Thursday night run, and sunday run if there is enough people interested.

A pig roast with all the fixings, raffles, and fireworks display will be on Sat. July 5th. The facilities are top quality, and close to town.

We have some good trails for the novice/slightly modified to the trailer queen that doesn't want to bring it back without damage.

Click on the link to register, if you have any questions pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]
Website
http://www.mountaineeroffroad.com/

Some of our harder trails have by passes to avoid the nasty obstacles.

Level 1 - Stock rigs, novice driver, good tires required
(don't bring a RAV4, CRV, or Subaru)

Level 2 - Stock rigs with good tires and good drivers, mildly modified rigs, traction aids a plus, some recovery equipment a plus.

Level 3 - Modified vehicles, 33's and up (31's on suzuki)
One locker required. Two lockers preferred, winch preferred.

Level 4 - Heavily modified vehicles, 2 lockers and winch required. Spare parts preferred, damage likely

Level 5 - Extremely modified vehicles only, bring your own tools and parts. You probably won't leave without breaking, or tearing something up.

If your live in the area, and are interested in joining Mountaineer Offroad, please contact me.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hey matt, last year when it was just me i could flip the $60 np (even just to ride) ... This time I actually got a GF that would ride along... and this leads me to the big ?

Why do you guys charge full price for each person, not just the standard extra person fee.... (the toy stuff is understandable)

I have friends each with kids and/or SO/GF that would go with out a doubt after seeing the pics and hearing the stories IF it were slightly more afordable...

figure a family of 4 to go to the event all riding in the same jeep...
$240 ? I mean the trails were great but....... Paragon isnt too much further up the road..... Or a big dogs run is only $85 or so per rig + a small per person fee....

Like I said I had a blast riding last year, but am in a different boat this go-round....

Any input ?

Thanks Matt
-yag

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've discussed this and I am all for a vehicle fee, and a rider fee.
Others in the club said it was comparable to other events.

I'll bring it up again, and we'll try to work something out.
One problem I already see is that some have already registered.

Kids under twelve ride for free. So typical family fee would be two adults.

I'm the president, and I'll try to beat the other guys into submission. I definitely want some changes like that for next year.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Not sure what other events are being compared vs what you get.

I know youz are fixing some stuff, but here is my list.....

Fix the "meal" (or lack there of) issues. Either lower the fee and NOT include meals or address the problems. id expect something more than "were planning" a pig roast.... Getting jamed last year with no food kinda sucked. Maybe mention whats NEW this year vs previous so people understand any changes that have been made.... "we know you paid for meals but were sorry, were not sure where the food went...." might still be burned into peoples brains.....

I'd rather see a vender selling food outright by the plate rather than a free for all pile it on thing..... That way if fat ass wants to pig out he can pay more.... and there is an $insentive$ to make sure i get feed also..

WHITE t-shirt idea was not very good.... They were very low quality (ie THIN) compared to other events for the $15 - Big Dogs gives ya a full printed back with a logo on the front on a nice qualty shirt for $20 id rather pay for one that I can wear a few times. Red Clay makes a mess of white shirts...

Last year I was asked about the "charity" aspect of the event by some friends. I said dono never thought about it. So besides the toys, what part of the event is charity vs club fund raiser ?

--just some random thoughts.... $1.75/gal for diesel makes me think about these things a bit more..... yag

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will bring this all to the club's attention.
I wasn't involved with the club last year, the Charity event was my first exposure to the club.

The food situation sucked, i didn't get fed either night.
The t-shirts also sucked, white one color cheezy print - I think mine is still behind my Dad's truck seat.

The pig roast is a definite.
Songers Resort is a definite, not the crappy place we had last year (check out songers link on our website).

The t-shirt design has already been selected, the members had the same complaints. This year a two color print with a small badge on the front and a big logo on the back. They will be tan/biege/od green type of color. We're going to finalize the design at the next meeting.

The raffle will be better, we have more sponsers that are promising to participate.

The Charity aspect of the event is the toy donated upon registering. Last year the toys were donated to flood victims in SOuthern West Virginia through the WV Dept of Health and Human resources.

After the jamboree last year the main guys in the club quit.
One always had good intentions but just got burned out.
I don't know the others, but i think the timing was convienient to leave.

I kept the club going, and am currently bringing it back together.
Membership is growing with more quality members/rigs.
More trails are being developed (starting tommorrow)
Harder trails are being developed.

We are non-profit, and what money we put ahead this year will first go into the deposit for next year, and then into food for the guests, and then into the raffle. (I'm going to try to have .25 beer night if possible).

I appreciate your points, and please keep them coming so I can make everything smoother and better.

If you get a chance, bring a group up and pre run some of the trails with us. We regularly take clubs and groups on weekend runs and camp. Let me know when you want to and I'll set it up.

Hell, you show in honda civic and you can ride with me if your willing to pull winch line, and cut trees out of the new trails.
I'm not asking you come, I'm begging you! Bring Art when he gets back.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else going?

Also, check our website and go the forums link.
We have some pics of the trails under the photos section (yahoo page).

We opened up clutch creek last sunday. It's not as sick as what Chris is running in Az, but you'll still get to use your winch.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
clutch creek will give you a chance to use your body armor and the winch!......the entrance to Gaurdian(waterfall) is pretty good as well

·
Registered
327 Posts
I can't make it this year due to scheduling issues, but I sure had a good time last year and hope to make the 2004 one. By the way, we really liked last year's campgound set up- I guess we were in the minority because we rented a cabin tent. It was great not to have to haul so much gear and set a tent up. Some local guys are coming this time. Are y'all planning to run the Notch again?

Jackie

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
I think I'll be there. Not 100% sure but I'd really like to go. Whether or not I have to work is the clincher. I'm working on it.

Hef

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
I doubt we run "the Notch" this year since we have some better trails(obstacles) that are much closer now...... The new place we are having the HQ also rents cabin tents and Cabins as well.....

Hoyden.have the local guys signed up yet?.....it will save them some money if they do

Bobby

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'll make sure to mention it tonight at our club meeting. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed runninh the notch last year. If you guys have new trails that are better than that..., well, it just sucks that I can't make it.

Jackie

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
the Notch isnt out of the question .but the only problem with it was that it took so long to get to the trail......these other trails are all close together and only take inutes to go from one to the other

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hoyden said:
I'll make sure to mention it tonight at our club meeting. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed runninh the notch last year. If you guys have new trails that are better than that..., well, it just sucks that I can't make it.

Jackie
This year we have made a great effort to improve the event.
We are having a pig roast for everyone Saturday and fireworks.
We have more sponsors contributing to the raffles, and have put a lot of effort into opening several new trails and plan the rides to avoid traffic.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WHO IS GOING TO ATTEND
(notice I didn't say "Who's coming")

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wanted to bump this back up for y'all - I won't be making it this year (my replacement trail vehicle won't quite be ready), but I'll be back next year. I hope y'all have a good time. One other thing that you may want to coinsider for future events is hooking up with Songer and offering a discounted rafting day on the Monday after the event. We did that last year and it was such a pleasure - we had a day out of our trucks before our long drive home - got some sun and made the non-driving family members much happier.

Have fun - I'll be putting in my cage that weekend.

Jackie

·
Registered
71 Posts
Big bump for my buddies back home in WV. Like I said before - I wish I could be there. I'll be there next year with my Sammy for sure. Can't wait to get out of Kuwait :D You guys that are considering coming - it's a great ride. Lots of good folks, our guides know the trails by heart, and it's a really good time. The trails offer something for every vehicle, and some beautiful scenery to boot.

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
OK I'm not going to drive the BMW to Vegas. I cancelled that and I'll be in WV. I think Joes75bronco will be riding with me. I can't pre-register since I don't have any way to send the money besides the mail and it's 4 days away.

I'll definitely be there ATTENDING. :D It's a 100% "GO" for me.

I'm driving up Thursday night in my Toy and I'm leaving the Zuk here since it's stock on bald-ass tires.

Hef

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
look forward to seeing you there(or here since im already here)I'll be in a big yellow CJ mall cruiser....lol.......remember the new unwrapped toy!

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey matt. man, as bad as i hate to say it, im not gonna be able to make the jambo this year. i was planning on showing up for at least one day, but things have got tight and my wifes about to pop so i cant but in a few months i should be back in the swing of things and be back over that way! :mad: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts