1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm pimping our jamboree.
So here it goes.

To anyone interested,

It's time to sign up for our Annual Jamboree.
The event will consist two days of guided trail rides, from stock to extreme, and probably a Thursday night run, and sunday run if there is enough people interested.

A pig roast with all the fixings, raffles, and fireworks display will be on Sat. July 5th. The facilities are top quality, and close to town.

We have some good trails for the novice/slightly modified to the trailer queen that doesn't want to bring it back without damage.

Click on the link to register, if you have any questions pm me.

http://www.mountaineeroffroad.com/

Some of our harder trails have by passes to avoid the nasty obstacles.

Level 1 - Stock rigs, novice driver, good tires required
(don't bring a RAV4, CRV, or Subaru)

Level 2 - Stock rigs with good tires and good drivers, mildly modified rigs, traction aids a plus, some recovery equipment a plus.

Level 3 - Modified vehicles, 33's and up (31's on suzuki)
One locker required. Two lockers preferred, winch preferred.

Level 4 - Heavily modified vehicles, 2 lockers and winch required. Spare parts preferred, damage likely

Level 5 - Extremely modified vehicles only, bring your own tools and parts. You probably won't leave without breaking, or tearing something up. (PBB members apply here)

If your live in the area, and are interested in joining Mountaineer Offroad, please contact me.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It is definately a beautiful section of the country and the campground (if I remember correctly kicks ass). World class rock climbing can be found there too if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey tubehead,
What are you bringing?

Big97redtj,
What type of trails do you want to see more of?

We've got a couple more extreme trails that are under construction. We were out yesterday working on one.
It is a winch, body damage, and big set of nutz required trail.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Do the rigs have to be Street legal ? quote from site " Trails will be open to all street legal 4wd. vehicles" I have a tag and an ins. # to give on the form but it's in no way street legal :D

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Flimmy,
As long as its liscensed(spelled that wrong) and insured your good. WE had tons of rigs last year that didnt have windshields and were running full width Jeeps on 39's. Police never bothered us. As long as your legal in your state your good to go. Insurance is the most important thing. If it comes to it, you can tow & park a lot closer to the trail head.

TUBEHEAD,
Hey travis, glad to hear your coming this year, are you bringing the YJ or a new buggy? Do you have any flat tops D44 knuckles? I need a pass side with high steer arm. I will drop you an email.

Cant wait to wheel with some more PBB members:D

Bring the :beer: for campfire time:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
yeah...i'd love to come .........if i can get my junk riunning by then :D

i used to do a buch of Mountian Bike racing in WV and always thought it would be a great place to 4wheel.

guess i'll try to do a Mapquest and figure out where in WV you guys are. ........can i get a zip code for the event?

i'm in Richmond Va...shouldn't be that bad of a drive.

·
Vendor
2,020 Posts
Lookin for some hardcore stuff. I sold the YJ yesterday so I will be bringing my new buggy. We're tring to finish it up for Moab. We have 32 days to get it and everything else ready. Let me know when you guys are working on the trails, I would love to run over and help.

YJ4Rox, Yeah I have some knuckles and arms.

Travis
www.roarkfabworks.com

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Hey stupid trooper, the trails are in Swiss, WV

Event headquarters is near Summersville, WV. Not sure on Zip codes.

I ran the 24 hrs of SNowshoe one year, actually the first year it was there, nasty MTN bike trails.

Tubehead i will shoot you an email. The trails are tough, not the hardest by any means, but everyone that ran the Skyjacker & Charity rides last year were pleased, we will have harder stuff this year.
Tons of those guys were running 38-40's, Jim Hall,(was in TTC a few years ago) big green CJ on 42's was the only one to make it across double wammy without winching.

If you go the the website, we have a forum., Check it out to see when we are trail clearing.

Good luck getting the buggy done for Moab.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
I'm gonna try to make it for Thursday night? Friday, and maybe Sunday. I got a buddy gettin' married on Sat. so that kinda screws my plans. Lookin' forward to it though. I hope to be able to help you guys on the trails some too. Lemme now next time your headin that way. Should have the Jeep fixed this weekend. Still trying to find a welder.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lorne and I are talking about pre-running some trails Sunday (3-16-03). We went saturday and the trails faired pretty well through the winter. We had to cut one tree on Hummer Hill and about five along the main road to Spider Ridge.

We started clearing a new trail "The Upper Waterfall". WE cleared about 1/2 mile and got to the good part.
One of our newer members walked on up the hill and came back to say "We can't go any further, the roads caved in".
Exactly, it's a winch fest.
I think we can beat a line through it, but I don't forsee anyone making it with out winching.

I was also looking at several moer sections on the creek trail thinking "Hmmm"

I'll post on the club board about sunday.
www.mountaineeroffroad.com

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
bump

These are some great trails to come out and hit:D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hmmm, I am already on Vacation, and looking for something to do.

Is there any go arounds for the MUD?

Mud is baaaddddd MMMKKKK?

Or should I start building a snorkel for the event?

:D

I'll let you know.... Hmmm I just might do this. Have to check on the spotter to see if she wants in too.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I forgot 1 thing
In the summer the creeks are almost dry

If you would happen to come down take a day to go White Water Rafting

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Bert said:
Is there any go arounds for the MUD?

Mud is baaaddddd MMMKKKK?

Or should I start building a snorkel for the event?.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I have some good video of you going through the MUD at Wellsville :D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Now that sounds way more promising!

No mud... No mud... No mud!!!!

I'll be calling the shotgunner tonight....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts