Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not done any motorcycle riding in my area of Western NC, you are missing out. I am located just outside of the City of Murphy NC near the Tellico OHV area and I can tell you that there is something for any type of rider. I used to own a 600rr and used to check out all of the curvy paved roads, which would ultimately take me accross the Cherohala Skyway over to Deals Gap for some real excitement on the Tail of the Dragon. I now own a DRZ400s so now I can check out all of the roads, which is almost endless. I border the Nantahala and Cherokee National Forests and they give the opportunity for some exploration. There are numerous Forest Service Roads to get lost on as well as sight seeing opportunities. I usually go out on a 150 mile+/- ride and may see a couple of vehicles during that time. I usually join up with a couple of folks and disappear for most of the afternoon. I have a couple of decent routes scoped out and am constantely adding more. Last weekend I went out with a group(22 riders) and we had a blast. I also have the opportunity to ride in a more challenging setting of the Tellico OHV Area, which flat wears me out. I like getting out on the ATV for there, which is a little easier on me. If anyone is in the area of Murphy NC or Tellico Plains, stop by my place or give me a call if you want to do some riding. I own a campground, which unfortunately has been a little slow this year, but this situation has given me more time to ride on the bright side.

Danny
Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals
www.crawfordsattellico.com
[email protected]
828-837-9077

1 - 1 of 1 Posts