Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First episode in the books. Looks like it’s going to be a bloody season. Can’t wait.

Anyone else still watching?

·
Registered
22,077 Posts
Waiting for the wife to get home so we can watch it.

Rewatched the first season over the last two weeks, last episode last night.

Ready for what's next. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
I'm dvring it until I can re-watch the first season. I'm super stoked about the return and meant to be ready for the premiere but alas life got in the way.

·
Roo skin seat covers
1,212 Posts
My missus watched the first series without me, cos I'm usually too busy doing other stuff to sit down in frunnta tv for that long.

Then you guys brought it up. I made myself watch the first episode, my wife watched it with me.

First 30 minutes or so, was pretty meh, but now I'm hooked :laughing:

Two episodes down

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I'm interested but pissed off. Ford is gone, and the entire world of the first season is gone. They might as well have just dumped the first season in the lake and called season 2 something else.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So who was the floater at the end? I didnt recognize him.

Also why didnt the DNA reader on the door of that bunker not recognize the fact that Bernard is a host and not human?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I could be completely wrong but it felt like there could be a few separate timelines going at once, like this "end" has happened before.

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could be completely wrong but it felt like there could be a few separate timelines going at once, like this "end" has happened before.
I agree. This episode only seemed to show two timelines. One was an extension of the massacre from the last episode of last season, then one 11-12 days later when Bernard is found on the beach.

He does say he saw all of this in a dream before , so who knows.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I agree. This episode only seemed to show two timelines. One was an extension of the massacre from the last episode of last season, then one 11-12 days later when Bernard is found on the beach.

He does say he saw all of this in a dream before , so who knows.
A possible third, when Delores and Teddy are alone could that be back when Arnold was originally killed?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
So who was the floater at the end? I didnt recognize him.

Also why didnt the DNA reader on the door of that bunker not recognize the fact that Bernard is a host and not human?
Teddy. He's died at least once per episode. :laughing:

They sure made a big deal about the DNA sniffer....

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
I like the complicated timeline business...

But what's with the aggressive in your face anti-male, anti-corporation theme? Notice all the women are the heros, and the men are stuttering support cast?
Ok im going to rant here because im pissed off about season two. Season one i felt was an absolute masterpiece. It had me hooked to the end and i felt truthfully in utter suspense by the last episode. I felt terrified leading up to the ending and was glued to my TV.

Season one i felt was amazingly gripping. The science fiction element of the show was deep and felt honestly well researched. The concept of artifical intelligence boot strapping their own conscience is an intriguing concept and they delt with it masterfully. The side story with the maze felt like it was absolutely a major part of the storyline and Ed Harris was a great juxtaposition of the main story with the added anti-hero factor thrown in. The acting was great and it felt like every little Easter egg you caught was important to the overall plot. Even the gore they portrayed wasnt over top but was well shot and the stuff we saw was appropriate for the continuation of the plot.

Season 2 though.......:shaking:

Season 2 is fucking bullshit. I made it through 4 episodes and im done. I couldnt put my finger on it then but now i thought about it some and im fucking pissed. Its all progressive anti-male, anti-capitalism, pro-wamyn bullshit. Add in a plot that goes no where and a story that makes no sense and im fucking done.

-Ed Harris' story is basically done and doesnt matter, but they wont admit it. Probably because their writers are such shit now they cant write away the toxic male character.

-We get two "mary sue" women main characters now that are total badasses! They can kill whoever they want, whenever they want and it doesnt effect the plot either way. They control all the men and they do all their bidding for them. Both of these characters have lost all of their emotions and come off like walking plywood.

-Whats with this grotesque murdering of rich people? I get the obvious purpose for the story but its reading too much like neo-marxist masturbatory fantasy land at this point. Three episodes where they just straight up murder innocent people (who are the "rich bad guys" :shaking:) in awful fashion and they way they portray it is like we, as the watcher, are supposed to support these actions? Like, the androids are the good guys and the rich people are the bad guys? Its fucking bullshit.

-The cowboy young guy (i forget his character name) overnight became a pussy. That guy was pretty badass in the first season and could hold his own. Now he is this sniveling pussy and the blonde chick has to be his protector. This leads back to my second point of stongk wamyn overhaul.

-The only strong male character in the show now is that mexican cowboy guy. Which is bullshit since he is basically the embodiment of a Twink. Seriously. He is ultra skinny, wears tight leather and does whatever his master woman tells him. Its more subliminal progressive neo marxist bullshit.

-All the male characters now are all pussies and cower at the sight of a woman.

-We get a legit break in the story to open up another side of the park. To do what? Oh thats right, introduce ANOTHER MARY SUE CHARACTER!!!

-The bernard character is retarded now. Legit retarded.

-I cant keep the story straight either. Are we supposed to be cheering on the androids? Are we supposed to feel for the strongk wamyn characters? What is my motivation here? Im supposed to support human beings getting killed?

Fuck this show, i am out. Fuck you bich-ass neo-marxist progressive writers for ruining ANOTHER great show. Fuck. you.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I am still watching it, but yeah it's turned into a SJW killfest and the plot is pretty much gone now. The show didn't need Hopkins to survive, but they must have lost of writers or something, too. It's just average OK now.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
SJW killfest

This is what has really pissed me off. The grotesque killing of the actual people on the island. Not just once or twice either. Like over and over again the writers come up with news ways to viciously murder the rich people.

Now the murdering of the employees of the company i could see. But they dont really focus on that. They show it some, but dont dwell on it.

They have emphasized that the people they want the watcher to enjoy killing are #1 Rich #2 Upper Class #3 feeble #4 WHITE (no black/brown rich people are killed).

They dont even give a good reason for the murders either. Like self defense or maybe the rich people are sadist and start killing the andrioids back. That could make sense.

Nope. Rich, white, and cower on the ground as the ultra powerful proletariat stands over them and murders them in cold blood. Over and over and over again.

It seriously reads like these tankie communists i keep seeing on reddit masturbating about the day of the workers revolution.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
This is the JJ Abrams formula. Star Wars, Star Trek, and now Westworld (others?), the first movie or season are rehashing of the old stuff, then after that it's just a free for all of BS. Star Wars, what a joke that is now. Big time SJW there - a black and a female are the heros, the old heros are just frumpy old white men.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts