Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That someone here that lives in Sac has a cherry picker I can borrow to move some axles from my driveway to my garage? I need to move them so I can move my K5 back up into my driveway close my garage and away from the street. My truck has been sitting for far too long at a friends and I need to move it back. However in order to move it back I need to clear out my driveway so I can hide it away best I can and hopefully keep code enforcement at bay (which is why it's not at my place now someone called them on me). If this is a possibility, please let me know. I can offer up some sort of collateral or something? I dunno, I suppose we can work out the details later. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Go buy some furniture rollers/dollies. They are worth their weight in gold and much faster than having to rig things up and move with a cherry picker (that is if you can lift whatever onto the dollies).

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got a couple today at Harbor Freight. They were on sale then I had a coupon. I used a little jack and lifted up one end, slide the dolly under the pumpkin and then set it back down. Worked to get them out of the way and that was all I wanted. I never thought I could move a 60 and a 14b by myself, but sure enough I did. :D

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was good exercise doing it all myself. Those are motha heavy axles though. Next time I need to move something heavy Mayka I'll make sure I got Dr Pepper on hand. I guess for Brandon, I would have to get some Big Foot. :D

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
It was good exercise doing it all myself. Those are motha heavy axles though. Next time I need to move something heavy Mayka I'll make sure I got Dr Pepper on hand. I guess for Brandon, I would have to get some Big Foot. :D
You know me too well.. mmmmm had one tonight, err maybe a few :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go buy some furniture rollers/dollies. They are worth their weight in gold and much faster than having to rig things up and move with a cherry picker (that is if you can lift whatever onto the dollies).
I thought the same when I was moving my D30 / C8.25, then I went over a bump and broke the dollie with my C8.25... I will admit it was a very cheaply made one... I rebuilt it much stronger :)

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only needed mine moved about 20 feet. The dollies rolled over the two small cracks in the driveway fine. I wouldn't want to move them this way all the time though. Like I said, heavy muthas! The dolly with the 60 definitely creaked a bit and made me think it was not happy to be used in such a manor. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have the furniture (1000lb quality) ones and roll my rocks (complete) on one centered in the middle and no problems. Maybe the HF should be put on the bad list in the tools forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts