Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all 4 doors from a 1990 crew cab with glass and everything (don't have the interior panels any more). I am trying to decide between hauling them in for scrap or trying to put them up for sale. I don't even know what they would be worth though. I figure somebody could make half doors out of them or use them for parts or something... What are they worth?

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
Most places around here ask about $100 per door. I wouldn't scrap them, they can be kinda hard to find.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
are you kiddin me!!? please do me a favor, if you decide to scrap them ill pay for shipping and more than what scrap is worth for those. the front doors are easy to sell. because theyre the same on all that body style... but the rear ones in good shape are hard to find. but i just paid 50 bucks for a passenger rear because it was gonna cost 200 for a new glass.. soooo if you got 4 doors layin around do you have the cab too? :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Where you located? My friend smashed his rear driver door in trying to follow me.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Wow, uhh, ok, I won't scrap them then. I don't have the cab anymore. I didn't have time to repair the rusted out floor, so I just parted it out and scrapped the cab. The truck only had 80,000 on it. I feel kinda dumb getting rid of it, but I couldn't afford two projects.

Anyways, I just went out there and looked. I was wrong. I have the driver front door and both rears, so 3 doors total. I forgot I scrapped the passenger front because it got bent up somehow. All the doors have some scratches and minor dents and stuff. They aren't like new or anything. I would probably want around $100 each for them I guess. I dunno, that's why I asked you guys. Hellhound, as far as meeting halfway, PM me your zip and I will see just how far halfway is. Then we can talk price. I didn't mean for this to turn into a for sale add...

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am located in far-west central Indiana.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
The front doors aren't of any great value, same door for all cab and F150-350 and BKO, will fit 80-97, 92+ need a different vent window, but the door itself is interchangeable.
The rear doors, well, thats a whole different ballgame, they might be a little harder to sell, but, they are hard to come by.
Again, same applicable years, I think 83 was the first year for a crew in the 80-97 style. They are not available aftermarket, maybe from Ford at some stupid price if they still have any.
They don't hold any great value, $100 a piece is a fair price, BUT, definatley don't throw them away, someone WILL want them

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I know the front doors are universal. What is a decent used driver side front door worth though?

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
I know the front doors are universal. What is a decent used driver side front door worth though?
Still worth close to $100 here, but depending on the damage and quality of the door panel, maybe $50 or less. I'd ask $100 OBO and take $50 no problem.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Still worth close to $100 here, but depending on the damage and quality of the door panel, maybe $50 or less. I'd ask $100 OBO and take $50 no problem.
bingo. i paid 50 for a door that was in really good shape, only thing wrong was the paint was faded. it was rust free.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bingo. i paid 50 for a door that was in really good shape, only thing wrong was the paint was faded. it was rust free.
Ok, well I think I will stick them on Craigslist then.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, I never got around to listing these for sale. How much has the value changed in a year? I need to get them outta my way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts