Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
linked rear, all my crossmebers on the frame side are 2x4 .250 boxed tube.not very attractive, but have proven bulletproof.however, im redoing them all in round tube both because im bored, and also to hopefully make it look a little cooler.......

i run a dual triangulated 4linked rear on a 4000lb toyota truggy......1.75 .250 wall tubing gonna bend for crossmembers? all my shit is welded to scabs that mount on the frame rail in 2 planes(top inner wall or bottom/inner wall)..

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
i have a few friends with reverse inverted 4 links front and rear, crossmembers made of 1.75 x .120 mild dom on three of them and 1.5 x .120 4130 on another, all of them in the 3500-4500 pound range.

none of them have had any issues with the crossmember tubing, but most of their lowers (all are running 2" od x .5" wall mild dom or better) are bent to shit.

these are on full buggys so the tubes that hold the lower link mounts are very well supported, not sure what kind of span you crossmember is making, but if it doesnt have some additional pieces tying in to it near the link mounts then u may need that .250 wall, otherwise, i would say .250 is way overkill.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
We used 1.5" sch40 pipe for both the crosmember and axle bridge on Blaktoy's rig.So far has been holding up just fine..We i finnaly get aroud to building my buggy im going to build my crossmember out of 1/4" plate simular to the Hendrix, and Blue Torch mounts..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts