Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons of the duramax diesel? i am thinking about getting one and was just wondering what kind of milage it they got and the milage one could expect out of these motors.

thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 07.5, they are great trucks. I am seeing right around 19 driving conservative. That is with the DPF off.

Tyler
MPF

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Loved it when you could get it with a stick. drove one with a stick for a long time lost 1 set of injectors and a timing cover in 200k miles

Can't get a stick from chevy i don't like slush boxes, had em and ahte em no mater how good they are they never provide the throttle feel of a stick and on ciy roads for me that is everything. so therefore no opinion on the new ones but id buy one with a stick again no questions asked

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have ran several tuners that do it.

PPE hot +2 Race
Quadzilla S2
EDGE evo race.

Give me a call and i will be glad to go over the options. 18K miles dpf free and no problem.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an 03 Lb7 and I have just over 130k on it runs good plenty of power. Riding back and forth to work mostly interstate I get 21 mpg. The highest I ever got was 27 on a trip riding behind a tractor trailer running 60mph. Worst was 14 pulling a over loaded dump trailer of mulch.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have 2 LBZ's and the only complaints i have is the LBZ seems to be having head gasket issues. The one truck just had new heads and gaskets last month and the other truck has a gasket seeping coolant.
Otherwise i am very pleased with the power, fuel milage, and ride quality of these trucks. For more opinions go to dieselplace.com.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
very happy with mine. '02 LB7 has about 135K on it. running a decent sized EFI tune (about 480rwhp)

gets 16-17 mpg and around 12-13mpg pulling the trailer and rig.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love my 05 Duramax. I just got back from Moab towing a 36' triple axle g/n with 2 rigs and all I can say is wow. I've owned all of the big 3's diesels now and hands down will take the Duramax with the Allison any day. My milage was about 9 mpg doing 70-80 MPH on the freeway. I probably could've done better but I wanted to get there faster. I put an edge on mine and love the on the fly tuneability. Don't waste a lot of money trying to find the right truck, just be smart and buy a Duramax the first time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts