Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ROCKWELL

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RESENTLY GOT MY HANDS ON A SET OF STEER AXELS THAT LOOK LIKE A U1300 BUT ARE ONLY 74 in WIDE
WHAT ARE THAY AND WHAT ARE THAY WORTH?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I figure folk will need pics, #'s off the axles etc. before they'll respond.

·
Registered
864 Posts
if you dont know the difference between a mog and a rockwell, then maybe you should just give those axles over to me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
bansheeman1 said:
I RESENTLY GOT MY HANDS ON A SET OF STEER AXELS THAT LOOK LIKE A U1300 BUT ARE ONLY 74 in WIDE
WHAT ARE THAY AND WHAT ARE THAY WORTH?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
A hell of a lot more than 404 with drum brakes, I was asked $3500 each for 406 with disc from a almost no time 406, and that was only one steering and one rear. You need to figure out what ratio is in the final and what ratiois inthe diff, you are aware that you could actually have a mismatched set don't you?? I am going thru this same thing, I have 4 for sale and nobody will try them, they are huge compared to the gun barrel tough 404's.show us ya axles, the pics and tags!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here is what little bit I know.

737.XXX: Front steering axle

A22-7: axle ratio of 22:7
V27-13: hub gear ratio of 27:13

Before I'd take the ratios as gospel, I'd count the teeth on the R&P and hub to make sure something wasn't changed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
NC, go to mogmail list ask Jack Russel

ncmog said:
Here is what little bit I know.

737.XXX: Front steering axle

A22-7: axle ratio of 22:7
V27-13: hub gear ratio of 27:13

Before I'd take the ratios as gospel, I'd count the teeth on the R&P and hub to make sure something wasn't changed.
Those look like see axles out of 406is m guess, i am worm,Jack Russel is a old moss headed factory dealer on the Mog Mail list, go there and he will look uo code and tell you exactly what you have,geta close upof the tag if you can,i think you have opp to get some really hd mog axles, good luck on your junk yard findd!!! Where is that junkyard at,(tell me after u buy of course) do they have any body parts or transmissions, looking for 24 speed cascade? thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Unimog Model 419 (US Army) U900
Axle Ratio 6.52 to 1

The 419 is like a 406 but with a 110hp engine and few other changes . It was build for the US Army.

·
Registered
276 Posts
bansheeman1 said:
ok help me out here...will these tell me anything?
Well my previous post gave you the top line and what it means. For the next line:

A - Driven steering axle (H for driven axle)
U - Unimog
2 - Series
12 - version
S - ??
3,7 - axle weight capacity (3.7 tons or 8157 lb)

This is courtesy of a fellow Mog expert. Combined with Wolfgang's comments, I believe you know everything there is to know about that axle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts