Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright here is my dillima. i have a dana 60 front DRW axle out of a 87 GMC. i also have a dana 60 rear out of a 79 ford SRW. the front measures 74 inches, the rear 68 or so. i also have a set of hummer wheels that i will be running with 38x15 inch swampers. now here is my dillima. i have two options right now. i could machine down my front hubs and run the hummer wheels on standard width, or i can get a dana 70hd that is 73 inches WMS to WMS. then i would leave the front DRW and have the 70 rear. which width axles would you go with, 60's front and rear at 68-69 inches, or would you do the 60 front 70 rear at 73-74 inches. another prob is with the 69 inch front i will have to have some spacers for the humer wheels to clear. but i am afraid the 74 inch will be too wide, please help, thanks , scott

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing i should metion is where i ride. i will mainly be hitting tellico and tennesee trails. thanks again, scott

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
I was 83" wide with with 38x15 SS SX's running 10"wheels with 2.5" of backspacing.. with a total width of 83" i felt that was pushing the width on some trails, but where you wheel may be different, the rockwell guys are in the 90" range

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You shouldn't have to run spacers for the stock hummer rims to clear on the dually axles. I would find a wide rear axle to match your front dually axle. Cheaper, no exotic parts, and WAY less PITA. The wheels will be lighter because you don't have to weld a ~15"x3/8" plate in the center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts