Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on running 42's on my Suburban. I want to know what's the best back spacing to use so I don't rub the inner fenders (front rear) or stick out past the body too much. I plan on getting my hummer rims recentered and I only want to do it once. Other specs on the Sub are 6" suspension lift, 2" body lift, with generous fender trimming. I plan on losing the body lift, cutting the body somemore, and relocating the the axles out an inch each way. This things being set up to do the Con someday.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
No way to say with "generous fender trimming"

You are obviously going to have to trim a LOT to clear them with less than 12" lift. Just keep trimming until they clear

I'd go with about 3 5/8" backspacing on the 8.25" Hummer wheels

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and entertaining reading Zakk. Maybe I'll see you at Hollister, TDS, or the Hammers.

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
chvyhs said:
Thanks for the info and entertaining reading Zakk. Maybe I'll see you at Hollister, TDS, or the Hammers.
you better be at one of them!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm look to do that oo, but i can't quite tell what happened to the inner fender wells? it looks lik if i cut more than an inch or two then i'll have to cut it out entirely and then mud will be all up in my engine.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You basically cut the rear part of the fenderwell off. I cut everything from the bolts that hold the fenderwell to the firewall below off.

Zakk I love that side pic but it's too distracting. I can't take my eyes of it.:eek:

·
Registered
424 Posts
min are cut at the bolt hole's and the is no problems with mud. Here is a pic of 6in lift 3in body and a lot of cutting with 39.5x 18 wide micky thompsons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts