Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the B.H. on my 73 FJ.I am running a chevy 8 and the stock 3 speed. What application do I shop for a new beelhousing?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Marks adapter kit if you are interested. It's used, roughly 2 years old, bolts to the front of your stock 3 spd bell housing and bolts to back of the V-8. Uses stock transmission mounting points and locates teh engine roughly 3 inches forward of the firewall. Email me if you are interested.

·
Registered
734 Posts
And if you want to go to a 4-spd, I know where to find the adapter for V8-LC 4-spd too. You might want to consider getting a Chevy BH and using an SM420 or SM465. Just throwing out a few options for ya.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a chevy cast iron bell housing that has provisions to mount a hydraulic clutch slave? I think that is the one stig is looking for.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yes there are Chevy BHs that have provisions for hydraulic clutches. If he's using the LC 3-spd, I doubt he has a Chevy BH though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FeCamel, wouldn't it be possible to bolt the LC 3-spd to the chevy BH if the OD of the front raised part of the tranny was groud down?

harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts