Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know jack about them.
Are they stronger than the stock crap?
Are they stronger than Mini truck axles?
What are they equivalent to in stregth?
How much weaker are they than a dana 60?
How wide are they?
Can I run 15" rims?

Give ALL the info on these.

Thanks
Dima

·
Registered
569 Posts
what is the stock that you are asking about. the birfields are stronger than mini birfs. the inners are the same size. also the front is a 8" diff just like minis, but it is hi pinion. the rear is the same as a 40 diff. they can be gotten with electric lockers front and rear. they are 8" wider than 40 axles. and you can run 15" wheels. hope this helps. im putting some on my 40.

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 60 front that needs to be completed, but I was thinking simplicity. How much can I get these for?

DIma

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
You need at least 16" rims for 80 series axles unless you are running 2.5" BS on 15" rims to clear the calipers/rotors.

The steering arms sit at the bottom of the knuckle instead of ontop like a mini truck or fj40 axle.

The front R&P is a hi pinion 8" but the rear is a standard FJ40 9".

The birfield is bigger than both mini and older cruisers.

·
Registered
807 Posts
They are 63.5" WMS-WMS, bigger brakes than the mini truck, they come with drive flanges, but you can put the mini truck lockout hubs on them, thay bolt right on, or buy some new AVM hubs from Slee offroad.
The birfeilds are bigger, and if you got the ones from Bobby Long, they are suppose to be stronger than the dana 60.
They are lighter than a dana60, out of all the axles out there, it is my second choice to the dana 60 front.
The steering arm is on the right side bottom, but it angles up, it is easy to make a drop drag link to the arm, kinda like the chevy, that ORD makes, or the fabtech jeep kit.
I`am selling an FJ80 complete with E-locker hub to hub and with tie rod.
$1400
I was going to put it in my toy truck, but decided to build my FJ40 instead, with a 5.3 vortech, and dana 60, 70 axles.

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott39 said:
They are 63.5" WMS-WMS, bigger brakes than the mini truck, they come with drive flanges, but you can put the mini truck lockout hubs on them, thay bolt right on, or buy some new AVM hubs from Slee offroad.
The birfeilds are bigger, and if you got the ones from Bobby Long, they are suppose to be stronger than the dana 60.
They are lighter than a dana60, out of all the axles out there, it is my second choice to the dana 60 front.
The steering arm is on the right side bottom, but it angles up, it is easy to make a drop drag link to the arm, kinda like the chevy, that ORD makes, or the fabtech jeep kit.
I`am selling an FJ80 complete with E-locker hub to hub and with tie rod.
$1400
I was going to put it in my toy truck, but decided to build my FJ40 instead, with a 5.3 vortech, and dana 60, 70 axles.

Thanks for the info. I thik I will stick with the Dana 60 for the front and rear... Now to get myself a rear end.

Dima

1 - 6 of 6 Posts