Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Chevrolet Gurus... Here the issue:

My 2006 LJ has outgrown my VANCO Hydroboost system. It iwas originally bought for stock Dana 30 / Dana 44. Then Drop 1 ton axles. Front Dana 60 and rear 14b with factory disc brakes. Both axles have dual piston calipers. Today when comming back from work, I decided to have 1 second of fun and hit a dish so hard the Master cylinder front brake line port snapped off when it hit with the coilover tower (no clearance at all. I should have fixed this earlier) and all brake fluid for the front axle drained. So I thought no big deal I still have rear brakes. Well I just learned rear axle is almost not braking at all... I guess this is because the Master Cylinder I'm using is the one VANCO sent for the stock Jeep axles back in the years when purchased.

Since my LJ is a Rubicon with disc brakes front and rear I assume the Prop. Valve is not the problem but the MC is.So I have one Question for you... What Chevrolet/GMC trucks come with 1 ton axles, disc brakes 4 corners and Hydrobooster? So I can order the the same MC from the Auto parts store.

Also.. do you think I should also replace the Prop. Valve?

Thanks in advance Guys/Gals

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 05 Chevy 2500hd has 4 wheel disk and hydro. Fwi, all vehicles have around 70% braking in the front and 30% rear due to how the weight shifts when you brake. So it’s normal to have it be basically a death wish to try and drive on back brakes.

To give you more info I’m pretty sure hydro (btw hydro has a y) and 4 wheel disk is standard on Chevy 2500 and 3500s from early 2000s and up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
All the 82-91 Chevy/GMC K30/35 diesels came with one ton axles and hydroboost - discs up front and drums in the rear. I have swapped all my trucks over to rear discs and never had issues running the stock master cylinder.

I think that is what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Highly recommend an adjustable prop valve - don't count on the stock jeep unit to be dialed in for your brake setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts