Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am taking out my H55F and installing an sm465-205 combo behind my 350

can i use the same clutch that in there for teh swap or do i need to go buy one? if so what is teh model number

Also can i reuse the slave cylinder, throut out berning, shift fork and all that stuff?

I have never done this before so lets hope it goes well

thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's been a long while since I replaced the clutch in my 25. It's got a 283/465/205 combo, and IIRC I used a low cone diaphragm, Chevy pressure plate with 11" disc and matching throwout bearing. Low cone was to keep the t/o bearing from riding on the pressure plate. I think it's a Nova application, but not sure on that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
What adapter did you have for your old transmission?

You can not use the old clutch anyway (probably) but if it has been any time at all since it was last serviced, you should renew it while you're in there. Don't forget to replace the pilot bushing and have the flywheel turned.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I used a LUK clutch in my 350-SM465 ...IIRC the part number is listed on my writeup on my tech page. Used Advance Adapters bracket to mount the factory slave cylinder and kept all the Cruiser hydraulics.

·
Registered
17,122 Posts
if you still need a clutch, call me at work. we sell the LUK stuff and a gm clutch normally goes for $100 to $125. good thing about the LUK kits is that everything is new, not remaned, and comes as a complete kit: disc, pressure plate, throw-out and oilot bearings.
georg 800-991-0117 :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts