Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am putting one tons under my dodge 1500 short box single cab. i currently am running SJ 7" lift springs up front. i plant to keep the parallel 4-link with track bar. the delima is i want to use some smaller diameter springs for the build due to the close clearance from the chunk to the inner c on the ford HP d60. i will not do coilovers because all this thing sees is mudd.. where can i get some smaller dia springs in a rate heavy enough for the fullsize? would a 3" coil over spring work??

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
We offer custom coils up to 50"s long. They have a no return policy and are around $110ea. What length do you need?

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
I would think that a long narrow spring would just deflect to the side instead of compressing. Coilovers can use small diameter springs because the top and bottom of the spring are always at the same angle, and the body can act as a guide if there is any deflection.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i thought about the deflection.. i was thinking maybe like a jeep coil that is 4.5"-5" dia. the dodge coils are almost 7" dia..

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Check out some F150/Bronco coils. They should be smaller, but have a similar spring rate and come in tons of lengths

1 - 5 of 5 Posts