Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Ford & G.M. give large contrabutions to the enviromental groups. I know that the Nature Conservancy list corperate sponsers on there web sight,sorry I have no link to it.

------------------

·
Registered
327 Posts
When you do decide to boycott a company, don't forget to send them a letter explaining why you don't patronize them any longer and what they can do to get your business back. Otherwise, your efforts are wasted. If you have time you could e-mail them every time you make a big purchase from one of their competitors and remind them that you bought x product from their competitor because of their position on land-use issues.

------------------
Jackie Cooper

·
Registered
725 Posts
The one from Camelback is a hoax. They have been trying to get that rumor fixed for the last couple of years. I am surprised that REI is helping out the land closures since there whole purpose is for peole who love and use the outdoors. Are sure about that one. Do you have any documentation supporting REI's stand?

------------------
ZillaGod
89 4-Runner
V6, IFS, 8" lift, 5.29's, 35x15.50 SX's

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,423 Posts
<FONT COLOR="Yellow">REI is one of the companies backing the Roadless Initive. They are also in favor of "commercializing" our National Forests through the Adventure Pass (along with Disney)... I used to have the links for some more info on this, but I can't find them.

As far as camelbak, this was originally posted by Cody:</FONT c>

Originally posted by Cody:
http://orca.org/news/012701.html

Sky George, vice president of marketing for CamelBak and a member of the ORCA board, noted, "Quiet, backcountry experiences are key to the enjoyment of mountain biking, hiking and paddling. The B4W is an important step forward in preserving and managing our recreational land assets for everyone. We are pleased to be part of this history-making effort.

Hows that for a myth....

full thread click here

------------------
<FONT COLOR="yellow">"Its a Wheelbase Thing, Your Jeep Wouldn't Understand"</FONT c>

Peter S. Di Primo
V.P. - Ventura County Axle Snappers 4WDC
www.axlesnappers.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Yellowsub1962 (edited 03-21-2001).]

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
What about Bridgestone/Firestone? I know that hardly anyone here runs these tires on their trail rigs but many cars and trucks come with them. When I bougth my new truck and car I told the dealer that I would not except those tires as an option and I would go buy something else just for that. Tires were changed and original tires were sent back with my letter stating why I would not buy these tires. Basically they give more $$ then any company and they also donate land to conservation groups. I have some links at home I will post later!

------------------
Chris Manning
"The slower you go, the more she likes it"
"ClockWork Orange" 69 FJ-40
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
REI donates a certain percent of all sales to the Sierra Club
Just call them and ask they will tell you.

------------------

50 CJ3A with Buick V6, T18, Dana 30 and center 44 w/detroit

·
Registered
362 Posts
REI promotes "human powered recreation" whatever that means. It's right there on their website! I spent over $200 on misc. gear at Popular Outdoor Outfitters before the 4Runner Jamboree precisely because REI supports who they do.

------------------
Marc Sahr
85 4Runner 3x BFG MTs, AllPro, Downey, Centerforce, Rancho, Optima, Hi-Lift!!

"Drat these computers, they're so naughty and complex... I could pinch them!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts