Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It seems to me that there is WAAAY more purposeful geometry going on in a four link, designed to provide control of any and all axle movement, than in a trac bar for SOA.
Linked suspensions CAN control that if set up properly. If setup incorrectly, it can create a lot of unwanted issues. Make sure you do your homework.

·
Slab King
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The mid 90s 3/4 ton suburban had a 65" WMS full float 8 lug 14 bolt. I have one in my heep.
That's a good find - 65" front and rear would suit me nicely but I've already got a set of 60's and I'm going to just un them as-is. 69" wide front, 67" wide rear.

Linked suspensions CAN control that if set up properly. If setup incorrectly, it can create a lot of unwanted issues. Make sure you do your homework.
The guys that would be setting up the geometry for me know what they're doing. They've built and raced buggies and are all running killer rigs. They did my front 3-link and I couldn't be happier with the street and trail manners. I like working on my own shit but I also know when to pull the experts in...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts