Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just picked up a Gary Fisher cake 3 (2005.) General fitness and anywhere I can find offroad in San Diego. First bike I have owned in over 10 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
New guy here to the forum, but I been into cycling for a long time. Lots of nice bikes and lots of good advice, I agree with the check out Jamis advice.

My rides:
1-Intense Spyder
1-Intense 5.5
1-khs solo-one (my single speed I love it)
1-Marin hardtail
wife rides
1-Yeti AS-R

Recomendations-Jamis-steele hardtails. Or any other steele hardtails, much better rides than the new alloy hardtails in the price range you are looking, I would run a lower parts group to get into a steele hardtail frame. You could also look at the KHS soft-tail bikes they actually have a pretty decent ride to them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ride a 98 Klein attitude hardtail. My lungs don't seem to like the cold, so I haven't been riding for most of the winter. I have done a few rides this year at Fleming Meadows and Jenkinson lake, both in Pollock Pines. Thinking about trying some night rides at Fleming. Has anyone done any night riding here?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Man, all you guys keep talking about pedaling effeciency, but i ride my Santa Cruz v10 w/ a Fox 40 shock everywhere i go. I even ride it back and forth to work which is about 20 miles each way. Mountain biking is all about the exercise, not the " how easy can i make it" shit. Oh, and by the way, i rode the Con on my 06' specialized enduro s- works and it was a blast. By the way, im not spoiled, i work at a bike shop. I get things at about a third of what you would pay. I bought a GF 29" single speed for $299. Sorry to brake the news to everyone.

·
Registered
300 Posts
BajaFord said:
Sorry to brake the news to everyone.
Brake what news? I didn't see where you gave anyone any helpful info.
We all ride for different reasons and some for a combination of reasons, there is no right/wrong as long as you're riding!

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
I had a Specialized Enduro Pro. I did not like full suspention so it mostly just sat. I just bought this http://specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=12990. I added a clipless petals and a little bit longer stem and love having a hardtail again.

Brandon good choice on shoes, I have had mine a long time and they are still holding up well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just got back from the shop with a new GF Marlin. A lot of bike for a beginner like me. I am looking forward to getting some use out of it.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I have a Giant full suspension XT/LX. People tell me it's a nice ride, I wouldn't know since it has sat in my garage for 3 years. Going to get into this year because I have to lose some weight. Auburn after work and weekends, Russel Road trailhead.

I started with the MTB thing with the old thumbshifters, giant ATX 780 in 1989. Had a Ti frame MTB, didn't like that, had two of Treks bonded AL frames, they were pretty nice. Nicest rides I had were tripple butted KHS steel hard tail and Trek 990 steel hard tail. Gotta love steel. I know that Trek bought Bontrager, I don't know if you can still get a steel HT from them?

SeanP

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride a 2003 Kona Stinky "for fun". Which means on trails (italian Alps, mostly singletracks). On the road or for long rides (dirtroads) a Specialized Stumpjumper. As a commuter I have built myself from scratch a 7 speed mountain bike-kind of but don't use it very much. Too much traffic here and usually I'm too late and I have to use the car...:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ride An 02 Haro/intense DH werx and 03 Intense Tazer both are 4Sale! I ride the Haro DownHill bike everywhere. Great for training whats a better way to get your legs in shape then lugging a 50 pound DH up a hill! haha let me know if you or anyone you know wants em...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ride a trek 8000 on new england trails, if you are commuting and not really hitting up hard trails, look into a semi slick or slick tire, it is a world of difference. Tire selection is key, when I switched to tubeless it was like getting a whole new bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
2001 cannondale m300
I ride from Rio Linda(home) to executive airport. It save on gas and helps
me stay in better shape. 41 miles round trip, 2 times a week..

41 - 54 of 54 Posts