Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I measured and it looks like if I get rid of the factory crossmember and do a cusom one with the tube bender that is coming, I will be able to mount the double throw ram above the pinion in the front and way up out of the way. With the bump stops compressed a full inch I am still left with half an inch of clearance. This works because I moved the rear axle back 9 inches which places the ram right in the middle of the highest point on the frame in the back. Just got to get rid of that pesky crossmember. Does anyone see any reason not to do this??

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no they wont be and I have highsteer arms from wagoner.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
you paid money for histeer arms??:rolleyes:

What's next? Ya gonna hire a guy to wipe your ass for you??

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
elf_cruiser said:
you paid money for histeer arms??:rolleyes:

What's next? Ya gonna hire a guy to wipe your ass for you??
:laughing: :laughing:
After I read that about his arms, I was like damn, i better not ever go wheeling with him. My $10 steering arm I am going build is going look like shit next to his.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
damn, ten bucks!! You got ripped off too, mine was $4...

Ohh, after a year and a half, it still works great. It's a fawkin chunk of metal with 4 holes in it, WTF is there to spend $ on???

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah and the fact that elfcuriser toasted a chopsaw and his arm in a turn like the rest of his rig:flipoff2:

·
Registered
531 Posts
oh and jeeper I think your methods are weak and your vehicle is insignificant:rolleyes:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont make me post the the picture where you have the gay KAcrawler. The way you look at 30s is how I look at your axles. HAHAHAHA:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Sorry Lee, But when you get to AZ, we'll look at your Rockwells the same way we look at 30s:flipoff2: (Ok well not quite the same, but either way your not getting through some of the trails:p ) Just ask Wes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is Jeeper111 on my sisters computer but I think your problem is your not willing to lay it on its side and drag it though like I am. If it is too narrow I will go up and over with the winch or not. Sure there will be some easy obstacles for you that this aproach will make crazy for me but I welcome the challenge and at the same time, there will be obstacles that I will do easily that will be hard for you and I bet there will be more of those. anyway, ask wes how much easier those tight spots would be with rear steer which I will have.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Did you not look at the pic I just posted in the AZ wheeling thread:confused: :D Seriously man, your Jeep is fawkin awesome, but there are some(not all) trails out here that you REALLY wouldnt want to go on, rear steer or not. Im not talking about manueverability, Im talkin you physically wont fit in the trail.You are wider than Wes right???

·
Registered
111 Posts
no, I am two inches skinnier than wes. I just look wider because his cruiser body is 11 inches wider than my jeep body. He is actually wider though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah I looked at it but if you look at those pics, there isn't anything there I wouldn't be able to do. In some instances it might mean that I will have farther to fall if it slips sidewaysWhich it is less likely to do because of how wide it is and less likely to do damage because of how far out the tires stick. I would be higher up in those tight V shaped spots but it just means different lines and approaches. We will see when I get out there. Are you going to come wheelin with us in may???

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Back to topic...

I would be carefull with only 1/2" of clearance. I thought I had about an inch of clreance between my ram and oil pan, then I dropped off a 6' ledge and put my ram into the oil pan. If you think you need 1/2", at least plan for 1".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts