Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know what one of these weighs? i am thinking about getting one shipped for my DD, and was curious what they weigh. the guy can't do forwardair (only UPS), so that may crater the deal. a rear V6 third is about 60lbs, so i am guessing more like 90lbs for a whole IFS front diff.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
I'd say around 60 for the entire diff plus packing. I shipped my old one FedEx. It's more bulky than the weight. I had to double box it and it was a PITA, and will never do it again. An 8" 3rd is not 60 pounds last I picked one up :p

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I just shipped one w/ a trutrac in it. Just the housing and guts, no drivers side tube, and no cover. It was 53lbs packed.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
The key is to have him remove any items you don't specifically need... shafts, long side tube, etc. Really saves the weight...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I shipped one last fall, it was 89lbs including packing (cardboard) where you take it to be shipped can make a big difference. I got an online quote from FedEx Ground for ~$42 if I took it to one of their shipping centers. Out of curiosity I took it to one of thoes copy / postal supply stores and they wanted like $93 to ship it via FedEx Ground.

See if you cant talk him in to taking it to an actual ups station and not a middleman business.

*needless to say my broke student self took it to the FedEx place, since it was not too much farther out of the way*

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can't answer your question as to the weight but if you are looking for the complete assembly hub to hub, I have one sitting behind my house, I'm located in Huntsville. For more info let me know! -Matt

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
The last one I shipped was ~80lbs total w/ ADD and no packaging, ~60 w/o any axle tube/stubs attached to the driver's side (he didn't need the ADD and was going to swap his non-ADD stuff onto it).

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toymoto said:
I can't answer your question as to the weight but if you are looking for the complete assembly hub to hub, I have one sitting behind my house, I'm located in Huntsville. For more info let me know! -Matt
i've got one lined up with 4.56 gears, i just need to get it shipped to me from someone on the board that is selling it. thanks though.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ErikB said:
The last one I shipped was ~80lbs total w/ ADD and no packaging, ~60 w/o any axle tube/stubs attached to the driver's side (he didn't need the ADD and was going to swap his non-ADD stuff onto it).
that is my plan now. 60lbs and a much smaller box. i read about some different size bearings in pre 3/88 in IFS diffs. will that cause a problem when i swap tubes, etc?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts