Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question maybe one of the viewers may help me here! (hopefully) i want buy a doubler. ive seen there is a 203/205 version and i also found a np241/dana 300 set up but i have no idea what would be the best thing. i hit any trail until i get stuck i try but i do need more "crawl" but at the same time i go alot to the dunnes.... hope some one can give me a hand thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
first off what kind of truck do you have, budget, what are you runing now?
you say that you go to the sand so you would like to keep your regualr low rang. i personaly for my truggy want to get a klune, it had a 4:1 or also a 2.7:1 ratio, it shorter than a doulbler and i like that for my short wheel base, but a full size guy might not care about the extra few inches???
PS did you try searching?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have done the research and ive been in many web pages and forums and i know my best and perfect way of going is with an atlas II 4 speed but that major $$$$$. and to my knowledge this transfer is a redifined doubler just that in one case. so thats why i think i want to go with a doubler and not spend so much. i have a truggy with danas 44s 350 tbi and a 700r4 and 39.5 tires 4.88 gears. the other thing is that i have a DANA 300, NP205,NP203,NP241, NP208 and a DANA 20 transfers and i just want to build the best with what i have i was even thinking of selling all of them and getting the atlas II 4 speed but i dont want to get rid of them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Going with an atlas 4 speed isn't necessarily the best and perfect way to go. If anything, I would go with the 203 and 205 combo, parts are easiest to come by. You can easily get the adapters for the 203 to the 700r4, but you need a 205 from a th400 because it has the 32 spline female input. If you find that gearing isn't low enough still, there is the lo-max 205 by jb conversions for a reduction of 3:1 instead of 2:1.

Neil

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats my problem i have the 700r4 bolted to the 203 already but my problem is that i have the 10 spline 205. i havent comed aroung the 32 spline. so you think thats my best way to go? cuz i came up with some numbers and it will run me like $1500. using my 203/205 cases and buying the kit from offroad design. would that be good?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'd have to agree that the Atlas may not be the best way... sure it's a great case but $$ and front driveshaft angles prompted me to get a doubler I currently run a NP203/D300 with a doubler from North West Fab, and am very pleased with it... although if I had to do it all again I would of saved myself some $ and just bought a beefed 32spline 205 and a NWF black box instead of building a D300:D...... my .02

·
Registered
616 Posts
thats my problem i have the 700r4 bolted to the 203 already but my problem is that i have the 10 spline 205. i havent comed aroung the 32 spline. so you think thats my best way to go? cuz i came up with some numbers and it will run me like $1500. using my 203/205 cases and buying the kit from offroad design. would that be good?
you could always install a 32 spline in the 10 spline 205 but i think the case will need cutting for the bearing to fit

·
Registered
199 Posts
Side note on the Atlas.... Advance Adapters is Currently 2 MONTHS BEHIND PRODUCTION in building their products. Jim at Tellico 4x4 told me that there is "no joke, a 2 month waiting list for an atlas transfer case"..... My Ranger Torque Splitter has taken 6 weeks, and supposedly it will be here next week.. Stick with the 205/203 stuff. cast is harder to break than aluminum

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
In my opinion... the 203/205 is all out king of beef. You said, "...the best with what I have..." and that would be a 203/205. Your 10-spline 205 case will need to be bored out to fit the larger bearing diameter of the 32-spline input. The 32-spline inputs can be obtained from several different vendors.

I went this route and if the 4:1 just doesn't do it for me, I'll pony up for the Lo-Max 3:1 205. Then I'd have a king-of-beef 3-spd transfer case. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts