Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah whatever happened to the hummer bodied K5 blazer kits? I saw them around for a year or two then they vanished. Searched google to no avail. Any of them still alive?

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
I Haven't seen or heard of them in a while. I Hang out on the hummer replica board, and the only "kit" I'm aware of in America is the Badlands. If you want an Accurate H-1 replica for a K-5 chassis, Click the link in my sig, www.tremormuv.com The one I'm building right now is full size, 130" wheelbase, but my next one will be on a K-5 Chassis.
The tremor is plans built, and it's very easy to shorten.
For replicas other than Tremors go to www.h1forum.com and go to the H-1 Replica page. If it's a replica, someone there will know about it.

·
El Presidente
6,519 Posts
affende said:
i hope the hummer bodied jeep kits disappear with them :flipoff2:
:laughing: that's funny as shit,I saw one of those ridicously disgusting things on the freeway today and thought,shit,those fugly ass things are still around?.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
GM bought out/shut down all of them just before introducing the H2.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
they did buy the Bum-V guys off before the H2... but the guy didn't quit making fiberglass body kits. If you read the 4wpw-ad rag (offroad adventures) there was a feature about the guys new thing... The Runt and the Grunt. The Runt being a new body for S-10-type trucks... the Grunt being for K5s and trucks. Same theory, but probably more wheelable since they are narrower. Anyway, in my opinion the cab/rear portion of the new bodies looks awesome... but the grille area could use some work. Pics of both can be seen here...

http://www.4x4kit.com/

j

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
They still make the Badlands/Urban Gorrilla, And you can still build a Tremor.
AM General's Lawsuit Butt-hurt only covers the name, and names too close for comfort, like "Bummer".
The body style and what not has no trademark protection, since it was contracted to the Government, all patents fall into the "Public Domain".

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have my one of a kind Toyota based hummthing....
I've stalled out installing Chevy axles... ran out of money and time.

I put it up for sale from time to time...
I could trade for a decent wrangler or toyota, but I don't know how you would move it without the axles on...

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I Haven't seen or heard of them in a while. I Hang out on the hummer replica board, and the only "kit" I'm aware of in America is the Badlands. If you want an Accurate H-1 replica for a K-5 chassis, Click the link in my sig, www.tremormuv.com The one I'm building right now is full size, 130" wheelbase, but my next one will be on a K-5 Chassis.
The tremor is plans built, and it's very easy to shorten.
For replicas other than Tremors go to www.h1forum.com and go to the H-1 Replica page. If it's a replica, someone there will know about it.

What kind of waterpump ya runnin on that beast?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts