Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making me and the squeeze a soft off road climber and want to do the following keeping in mind that I don't want to build specialty axles for the project, i.e. keeping the recipe servicable off the shelf.

Want to put Bronco axles under a Rover, I think? Understand they are 58" face to face. Looking for recipe as to what axles, what vehicle to go to get, and what transfer case is the "best" for the jack.

Also interested in what the thoughts are about the non electric AOD/and what transfer case would be best suited?

And last but not least is there a shifter kit for the AOD that allows all gears to be selected.

For the "fordnatics" check out www.nostalgia-classic.com

Thanks in advance for the info. RoverTrekker:cool2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
77 1/2 ton

i robbed the axles out of a 77 1/2 ton. Have been running them about a year now with stock shafts and welded. Front i a HP 44 and rear is a 9. They are big bearing so you could go to 35spline wiht a new carrier and custom shafts. Overall i am satisified wiht mine, especially for the cost of them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
you cant go wrong whith a 9". I have buddies that mudrace whith em and they put 39.5 on em and have no probs. Who says 1/2 ton axles arent strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts