Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in the Jeep section last night and did not get an answer so here goes I need to get a front axel for the front of a 81 CJ7 that is around 58" wide to replace the Dana 30 that is there it is smonthing like 53" I do not care if it is a 30 or a 44 it is not for a wheeling rig but the width needs to be rite and the easier to swap in the better. If it could use the 30 disc stuff that would be great any info would be apreciated it is for a friend and he knows nothing about wheeling and I don't know a thing about Jeeps as wellI don't wantin to put a ton of time and effort into the swap for him.
Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
If its not for wheelin then go buy another d30 from an 82 or newer cj7 widetrack, its a bolt in. If he wants it wider than stock then get a chev d44. JP mag. has an article on narrowing a d44 at home in three hours. I know thats alot of work .The November JP also has a list of axles to swap into jeeps and all there dimensions.

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: wheelinjp ]

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
scouts caster is wrong go with waggy and gain only 3" still will have to outboard hangers. but like above if it's not a wheeling rig get wide track cj 30 and bolt it in. but if it's not a wheeling rig sell it and buy a s-10 or something, smame to see a jeep used as mall transpo.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
If you are lookin for an easy swap I have a front end out of an 85 CJ7 that would work for you. 522 9445

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wheelinjp where do I get JP mag?? I have not been able to find it is it called JP or is it JP offroad exct?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts