Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
RIP, Never met him in person but he seemed like a great person on the board.

Does anyone know where to get a more solid story here? It would be respectfull to those who are suffering a loss to not have rumors flying from people twisting a story they dont know.(im not accusing anyone, but we all know how this goes once someonw presents half a story)

Ian Plaine

·
Registered
35 Posts
If he was riding with Kyle, his truck is an OBS 97-98 extended cab green chevy with a SAS and a canback over the bed.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Someone in another thread said he might of been ridin in Kyles (BggrnChvy) truck... a green OBS Chevy with SFA and canback, bumpers, etc. I think on 38 Krawlers.

Jasons truck was the OBS Chevy crew cab on 42s and Mogs, etc etc, but I think someone had said that it was down and so he either threw a radiator in something else and took it, or was riding with Kyle.

I dont know much about hte Con... how do you drown? Are there areas by trails you could roll off and end in a lake/river, etc? Or does this seem like it was after wheeling and they were out swimming or something?

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is the latest.

Greg72 said:
A quick clarification and some additional info:

Jason's rig wasn't completed yet, so he'd just driven up in his regular truck and was riding shotgun with the guys, shooting video, etc.

According to the sheriff, they were at least a full-days drive into the trail, and Jason was airlifted out... not driven out. I'm not sure what sort of cell phone coverage exists on the 'Con.... but my guess is that it's pretty weak. That probably explains why nobody has heard much from the other guys that were with him on the trail.

My suspicion is that the rest of the folks have turned around and are trying to get back off the trail. At that point, they should be able to make phone calls and help us understand how this happened.

Not knowing is the hardest part.... I wish I had more information to share, but that's all I have so far. Scott (4X4HIGH) was up half the night answering phone calls from the police and even the assocation that does the organ donation program. Apparently Jason was a "donor". I'm not surprised...he was always a generous person... Even in death, he wanted to give something back.

I know that the police are still trying to locate Jason's parents...so if anyone knows how to reach them, they should contact the El Dorado Sherrifs Department immediately. At this point, I don't think Jason's parents even realize anything has happened.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
I am going to assume the guys we saw weren't the same ones. I thought they might have been since they were from the SoCal Big Dawgs is why I mentioned it. Might have been a group of a bunch of both clubs. Dang, this is completely sad. Prayers go out to the family. :(

·
Premium Member
17,852 Posts
He was not able to finish his truck, went to ride along. I got no call, and I'm in his cell phone, so for now, I refuse to believe.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I am going to assume the guys we saw weren't the same ones. I thought they might have been since they were from the SoCal Big Dawgs is why I mentioned it. Might have been a group of a bunch of both clubs. Dang, this is completely sad. Prayers go out to the family. :(
SCBD and NCBD both got together on this run. I wasn't able to make it. The black sammy you saw the other Jason in our club (Wilkins).

Edit:
Here is my last picture of Jason from Oct. last year...hosted on the sight he set up for us...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I never met Jason,,but all the same,, it's hard to hear of a tragic loss such as this...RIP Jason,,and prayers go out to all of his friends and family....

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
This really hurts, what a shock!!!
Jason ans I started are friend ship because he lived in Bakersfield and I'm from there.
I think he was only 25 y/o or something. He absolutely had his shit together for a young guy. He was an electrician by trade, but had the skills to do anything he needed to get done. Courteous and polite, he knew how to fit in with anybody, always offering to help if needed.
He was in great shape and I've never seen him drink alcohol. How could he drown? Jumping off rocks?
This is really sad.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
From Norcal site his parents have been notified.

At a loss for words myself. I was really looking forward to wheeling with him in Moab for Blazer bash.

RIP Jason

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
:(

Chris:(

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Very, very, tragic. Jason was a great guy. I met him several times and he was always willing to lend a hand, help out, answer questions, etc.

Like others have stated, not only has the wheeling community lost a great member, but we are diminished by his passing.

Godspeed Jason:(

21 - 40 of 340 Posts