Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the motor-.030 over 350,World S/r torquer heads-175cc,67 cc chamber,2.02/1.60 valves,Full roller rockers and double springs ,Chromoly p-rods(all comp cams). Not sure on the cam,its an emissions legal chevy cam. i plan on using TBI with modified parts from CFM technologies,and plan on using their adapter so I can use a carb style intake. Just curious what intake you guys recommend. Its going into a jeep tj with 35's

·
Registered
848 Posts
I run a Edelbrock Performer with matching cam with a Factory TBI and cust prom. Just a side note. Why are you running dual vavle springs if your cam is so mild being emission leagal? Cam wont breath at rpm's that need dual springs. Seems like more than you need for seat pressure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I run a Edelbrock Performer with matching cam with a Factory TBI and cust prom. Just a side note. Why are you running dual vavle springs if your cam is so mild being emission leagal? Cam wont breath at rpm's that need dual springs. Seems like more than you need for seat pressure.
the reason I have those springs(comp red) is because I originally built the motor for my IROC-Z. the bottom end is all forged,cam in the 560ish lift area,and i had AFR 195cc heads on it. i sold the Iroc,and my dad wanted it for his jeep. So he put the world s/r heads on it(smaller ports=better low midrange power and throttle response,and swapped the cam for something more tourquey,perfect for a good jeep motor)But he has since decided to go with a Tj Wrangler. i sold the bare heads and put all my valvetrain on the world heads. I figure with the big valves and port size,this motor should run great with TBI. and they are older sbc style heads,so I can use standard bolt pattern intakes. I'm just not sure what I want to go with. Looks like edelbrock makes a performer that has all the bolt holes to use all the factory serpentine belt setup that is my truck-91 chevy,which will be my donor truck for all the wiring,trans,etc.

·
Registered
751 Posts
if your on a budget, i would get the summit racing intake manifold. its a good design, and fairly inexpensive for an aluminum intake. I also think its build by world products, but with summits name on it. if you want to spend a bit more, like double, a performer air gap would be my choice.

micky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts