Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is trying to figure out the value of a truck for his father. His father can no longer drive due to medical condition.

The truck is a 2002 Chevrolet 1500 ext. cab 4wd 5.3 v8 31,000 miles and the typical power windows/locks cloth interior. It is very clean inside and out. It has a rear hitch, bed liner and new dual exhaust.

Dealer has offered 10k (carmax in baltimore area)
Black book according to my uncle is 11,500
Kbb and that kind of site say between 13,500 and 16,000

Anyone able to give a real private party value for this truck? I'm thinking he should ask 16,500 and take anything above 15k, but I know very little about chevys. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
$13.5k would be a good price for that truck. Having been in Balto, and sitting for so long, is it rotted all to hell??

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rot. In fact, it looks brand new inside and out. Was garaged and driven in decent weather only, and maintained by a local shop where I know the owner. I've talked to him (shop owner) about the truck and he wants it but can't afford it at this time. In fact, he just did around $1000 in work to keep up on maintinence.

To give a better understanding of the situation, the wife of the owner is pushing him to give up the truck due to his medical issues. She feels he is a danger to others on the road. I have talked to both of them within the last month and he seems very confused like dimentia or alshiemers(sp)

If it was a crew cab, I'd be buying it for myself. The truck literally looks like it just came off the new car lot. Just trying to help a friend here, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I'm telling him as well. He just doesn't know how much to ask, and his dad almost took the 10k offer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i remember correctly, KBB says 16k or 16.5 private party.

Edmunds says 13-13.5k.

The large difference there is what prompted this post. I don't know if it's worth 10, 13, or 16k. I'd lean toward the higher end based on condition, but in a bad economy who knows?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
You wouldn't get anywhere near 13k here for a ten year old half ton, even with low miles.... Thats diesel 1 ton price with 75-80k on them around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts