Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Self explanatory, which jack is the most handy for trail repairs/flat tires on the trail? I need something that is not going to slip easily.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I carry a hi lift jack and a floor jack with no wheels on the trails. You can always fab up a nice base for any jack to sit on to help it be more sturdy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I carry a hi lift jack and a floor jack with no wheels on the trails. You can always fab up a nice base for any jack to sit on to help it be more sturdy.
Is a hi lift really necessary. Don't most people use that when they are hung up/ high centered?

·
Registered
1977 chevy k10
391 Posts
I use the Harbor Freight Pittsburg farm jack it's cheap and works exactly how I want it to

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up a ARB air jack ( air bag ) for cheap off craigslist long time ago. It has proven to be handy. I wheel the hammers and most guys don’t even have a spare tire but my air jack has helped fix broken hubs, axles, and help un bury a stock Tacoma in the sand. It’s so light and soft it packs in really easy. It’s not for everyone but I’m glad I have it

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
I don't carry a hi lift anymore, I had a couple bad experiences with them and I don't think they are worth the extra weight now that I have a real winch to pull with. I carry a bottle jack but I plan to add a harbor freight aluminum jack with a skid plate to replace my old bottle jack.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
IN the JeepLJ I carry a Hummer scissor jack modified to hold an axle, etc. I have no place for a High lift to hang onto except a soft tie. In the flatty I have a bottle jack. Just enough. Not race'in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts