Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have an 02 TJ. I want to install a 3-4" suspention lift. Most of my offroading is non-rock, mudd, sand, water, type stuff. I am considering OME w/ 1" spacers to bring it to about 4 inch total. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge on the OME? From a price standpoint it is much more cost effective (it appears) than the Teraflex or Rubicon at about 1/4th the cost of either of those. What are your thoughs/ideas on this?

Thanks,

Biggs

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
BiggsJeep said:
Hello All,
Most of my offroading is non-rock, mudd, sand, water, type stuff.

Biggs
I still think you're in the wrong place, actually.

Anyway...

ON topic: OME is a fine lift according to most folks. I personally don't like body lifts, but whatever.

I run a BDS 3" susp. lift on my TJ & love it. I have 33" TSLs that are bigger than some 35s & they fit great. Off road, the kit flexes & rides great. ON road the Rancho RSX shox I'm running are really smooth.

Pick your pitch and drive it, batter.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
check out Katy Chapter of TX4WD . Subscribe to the list. The guys on there can most likely help you more with that pick than the guys here. Many of them run the same terrain you do as we don't have many rocks here in Houston (or most of TX for that matter). HTH.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kits suck and come with lots of useless crap. Shop around for parts, for the lift you are looking for you might want to consider something like:

RE 3.5" springs or 3" BDS springs depending on your budget.
Currie rear swaybar extensions good and cheap.
Teraflex bumpstops, for a 4" lift if RE 3.5" or for a 3" lift if BDS.
RE rear trackbar, skip the bracket it's just going to crack and break anyway. You may need to remove some material from your stock bracket on the axle but that's doubtful.
JKS adjustable quick disconnects or for a decent cheap solution the Teraflex disconnects.
1" mm spacer kit the goferit.com kit will work.
1" body lift Rusty's is cheap.
DT3000 shocks for a good kit type shock or if your budget allows for it something like the Teraflex shocks.

If the budget allows for it:
RE HD front trackbar and bracket.
RE short control arms lower and adjustable uppers, for a short lift these work fine.

Kit's will include things like a pitman arm, transfer case spacers, and rear trackbar bracket all stuff you don't need. You will need the rear trackbar bracket if you don't get an adjustable rear trackbar. All the kit dealers will tell you that you have to have the bracket for the rear trackbar but it isn't true.

If you shop around for the parts you should end up with a better peicemeal kit than you can buy as a complete setup from a name brand kit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have to agree with FP 110% ! Shop around, not all springs and parts are the same. Alot of "Kits" come with stuff you dont need. Or come without other parts you do need. I have a '97 TJ with, Terraflex, ProComp, Rancho, Currier, Rusty's, M.O.R.E., Avelanche, and loads of custom made parts on it !:p

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
true...

I'd say you don't really "need" bump stop extensions, and i sold my drop pitman arm on ebay for $50. Buying a kit is easier & quicker than shopping around if you're not sure what you're looking for though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts