Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search is useless as always!!!

Are the housings 55" from backing plate to backing plate? Or anywhere close?

Will a 55" work good in a YJ??

Thanks.

<IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Kicker ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would 55" ones work? 3" shorter per side seems a bit much to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ANYONE?????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,532 Posts
Originally posted by Kicker:
<STRONG>So would 55" ones work? 3" shorter per side seems a bit much to me</STRONG>
Yep you are correct 3" shorter per side would put right about under the frame rails...I would pass on it if I were you <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,242 Posts
it seems way to narrow for my liking but whatever you want to do... also consider where this shorter axle will put the diff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Who measures axles from backing plate to backing plate <IMG SRC="smilies/confused.gif" border="0"> You should measure an axle from the flang the wheels mount too. It sounds like to me that your thinking about puting a narrow cj axle in a wrangler. Bad idea. <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,069 Posts
Originally posted by Kicker:
<STRONG>Search is useless as always!!!

Are the housings 55" from backing plate to backing plate? Or anywhere close?

Will a 55" work good in a YJ??

Thanks.

<IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: Kicker ]</STRONG>
55" backing plate to plate is around 61-62" flange to flange. That is right around stock YJ width. And yes nobody should be measuring BP - BP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are from a Scout II. And I didn't measure them for the record.

But thank for the info guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Originally posted by Rockslut.:
<STRONG>Scout II axles are almost the same width they are around 59"
</STRONG>
My Scout 44 rear is 58". I got the TSM disk brake kit which makes it 58.5" now <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> With 35x15.5 SX's on a 10" rim with 3.5" backspacing the clearance between the frame and tire is marginal. I won't be surprised if it rubs a little on the frame, but I'm also considering 1" spacers so it'll be closer to my 61" Waggy front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,465 Posts
Originally posted by Rockslut.:
<STRONG>55" backing plate to plate is around 61-62" flange to flange. That is right around stock YJ width. And yes nobody should be measuring BP - BP</STRONG>
Showoff...got to it first <IMG SRC="smilies/tongue.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top