Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Seen one before on a French site, very interesting. How much smaller than a fj40 is it? motor is? interesting hood catchs.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
Well what ever it is, I WANT ONE!!! To freaking cool. I guess I know how I am gonna cut the doors of the cruiser now. :D

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Landpimp said:
Seen one before on a French site, very interesting. How much smaller than a fj40 is it? motor is? interesting hood catchs.
Its more of the size of a CJ5 if not a little smaller then that..
Here's the engine..

and the CNG cylender at the back for the gas used to run it..

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
BBQ pwr

:D

Ehsan, can you make us some of those?????

:D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ehsan, can you get a close up shot of the ID/VIN plate?

That's an early Toyota four..... 3R?

If it's made in the Phillipines I'm guessing it was a company that was making the jeepneys. Didn't someone here import a jeepney fairly recently? Someone has got to know! Track down the owner and make him talk!

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Related to this? (Goodle search for Delta Mini Cruiser)

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Pretty close, yet there are alot of differences.... I have seen various pics of those over the years but have never heard a definate explanation... Lets get this solved... Anyone? :D

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Little more Google searching (darn, wish I had something like this in my college days!).

He became successful in the textile business, and went on to put up Delta Motor Corporation in 1960 which imported Toyota vehicles for distribution in the Philippines. At that time, nobody had belief in anything Japanese-made. He gambled by challenging taxi operators to take his Toyota Toyopet cars without any down payment, use them, and if they are not happy, not to pay him for the cars. Luckily, the operators were happy with the cars’ performance, and the rest was history, Delta Motor Corporation became the nation’s largest and only Filipino assembler of automotive and commercial vehicles.
Source -- Founder of Pilipinas Corp....

I love reading about the old history of Motor Vehicles...

So I wonder if Delta used the 4 cyl STOUT engines and drivetrians for a more "Philippine usable" vehicle?

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Neat little buggers! I'd love to show up with one of those things, equipped with the appropriate "Land Cruiser" emblems, at a TLCA event...

"What do you mean my FJ40 is smaller?"...:p

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
those mini's are pretty cool, but there is another one, a much cooler one, kinda styled like the old suzuki samurais but way better, in my humble opinion, i wish i could remember where i saw them, alot of them on a site with all kinds of info, a collector site i think, i'll try to find it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts