Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is this relay? The truck is an 81 Toyota short box 4x4. Its on the RH side kick panel, under the dash. The relay is round with a green 4 wire connector. There are two red and two yellow wires. Its located right near the square, black flasher relay. Pulse wiper relay maybe?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kyron said:
Unplug it ............. what dosnt work now?? :flipoff2:
Tried that already, everything works with it unplugged. Thats horn, all head lights and signal lights, backup lights, fan, radio, wipers - except the pulse wipers, but that has never worked since I've owned the truck.

·
Registered
853 Posts
One of my books says the round one is the seat belt warning relay. There's two square ones in the same vicinity, one's for the blinkers, one's for the wipers.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If it is not the turn signal or wiper relay, it may be the buzzer for open door and such.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Its the Choke control relay,runs the electrical to the choke coil.

COmes off the Charge Relay for the Alt.

Only on Carbed models...:rolleyes:

Gary

·
Registered
788 Posts
Why do you need to know what it is, just curious? there is quite a few random parts on my 3.0 v6 under the hood and under the dash, i dont really care what they do as long as they keep doing it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
bluerunner said:
Why do you need to know what it is, just curious? there is quite a few random parts on my 3.0 v6 under the hood and under the dash, i dont really care what they do as long as they keep doing it.
until one of them goes wrong and you dont know how to fix it because you dont know what it is

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is weird

Gary's right, its some kind of choke / charge relay. Why I need to know? Because its pissing me off. Once in a while, very intermittently, it goes nuts - clicks and chatters, then stops. Sometimes it happens once every few months, other times, it happens a few times per week. Been like this for years. I don't use the factory engine anymore, so no elec. choke. 22R died a long time ago. (RiP)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts