Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what these are for and if they're worth fixin.

#1 is the one i'm most curious about. It looks like it's to help with cold starts or something? there's a lead with a red wire going to a fuse (i think) then a green lead coming from that which most likely goes to this, but when i tested for power the wire was cold. If that is an in-line fuse I didnt check to see if it was ok, but this is the only lead that I think it could be, as it's the only one I can find.

#2 some sort of sensor in the T-Stat housing. Looks like the lead got pulled out. I'm a very very poor college student so if it's for a dummy light or something i'm not going to bother fixin it. My temp gauge in the cab works fine.

Here's the Pic:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
number 2 is the temp sensor find the wire that got pulled out and put a male butt connector on it and plug it in.

number 1/ I have no clue maybe a choke? all of the webers I have arnt heated so maybe some one else can help on that

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it's the electric choke connection. You can do a search for redline weber on google and should be able to find the technical info that you are looking for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
#1 is the fuel cutoff solenoid. The truck shouldn’t run if this isn’t connected to a switched hot to the “run” position. It looks old so I don’t know what’s happening with it. There is a two-prong connector that went to the old carb lying on the fender some ware. Find which one is the switched hot and connect the solenoid to that.

#2 if you know anything about engines you should know this one. It’s the coolant temp sensor. There is a spade fitting on the inside of that connector. Mine doesn’t have a fuse in that wire so I’m not sure it that’s the one it goes to.

Remember I’m in CA so I have a hell of a lot more vacuum lines connected to it and my temp sensor is in the manifold, not in the neck. I’m going to go back to the stock carb. The Webber has given me nothing but problems. It’s always running to lean under acceleration. Are you having any problem like that? F#*$ing waste of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts