Pirate 4x4 banner

201 - 220 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I still love my old school 1999 specialized fsrxc stumpjumper. Took this pic last week.
Got trail blocked by a herd of baby bulls.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Built this back over Thanksgiving. 09 Stumpjumper Comp 29, Reba RLT Dual Air, 1x10 Zee drivetrain using the RaceFace Narrow Wide ring up front and then my I-9 wheels I robbed from my singlespeed.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Got my "new" bike put together yesterday.
Back in grade 10, a few of us were "sponsored" by a local shop...he drove us to places to ride, did promo filming in hopes of real sponsorships...had a few connections to frame builders from Rocky Mountain, Cove, and other old school free ride brands...got a few of us bikes built just how we liked em.
So fast forward 12 years, we're walkin through the local swap n shop a couple weeks back, what do I see, but my friend's old bike! Still has the shop name and "flamingmulletofdeath" stickers on it! Bought it for $40 and threw a bunch of my current parts on it. Dangerboy cnc levers, truvative DH cranks and Alex dx32s. 24" rear 26" front. And the Pluto mojo I've rocked on my stem forever.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Haven't rode a mountain bike since I literally damn near killed myself on one back when I was 16. I'm 31 now and going to go pick up a Kona Stuff this weekend. Ideally I'd like a full suspension 29er, but seeing as how I've been out of the game for a long time, I'm going with a cheaper hardtail to break myself back in. I figure it'll do me for a couple of years and then I can probably turn around and sell it for what I have in it.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Diamondback Mason Pro. Picked it up new off craigslist for $1200. For that price I couldn't pass. What a fun bike to ride. I've only had FS bikes, but this hard tail is a blast to ride. Dropper post is a must.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nice bikes!

My old bike, Santa Cruz Nickel

Here's my most recent build.

Santa Cruz Butcher. Need a 36mm Fork though, been hitting some big stuff with it. The 32mm fork is a bit noodley.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Don't have a picture handy, but these are my two current rides.

Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC- has a RockShox Pike with SRAM XX1 drivetrain. Love the way it rides. Super fast

Hardtail--SyCip steel with a Pike and XX1 drivetrain. Fun handmade hardtail.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Scott 29'er Hardtail with following mods:
1.Stans Arch Ex rims front and rear
2.Maxxis Ignitor up front/Psycho Genius in rear (both tubeless)
3. Chris King front hub/Origin 8 rear hub
4. Sappin spokes
5. Shim XT brakes f/r
6. 1x11 conversion using Race Face 32th chain ring, Wolfs Tooth 42th cg on new Shim XT 11/36 cassette (minus 17th cg)
7. #1 Shim XT shifter
8. Ergon grips
9. WTB Rocket V saddle
10. This week will be getting Race Face Turbine handle bar with 1/2 rise and 3/4 sweep. Using stock straight Scott bars now.
11. Time ATTX carbon spd pedals. (these fuckers are bomb proof)

I built this bike to best suit the trail conditions here in Missouri.
Currently considering a Salsa Horsethief for full suspension - yummmmy

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Just started riding my Kona Process 134DL. Ordered it in the beginning of the year and received it while recovering from a broken/dislocated Fibula. So far I absolutely love this thing but I'm not yet able to let it loose on the downhill, still got some physical and mental recovery to do resulting from the last crash :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Picked up this bad bitch the other day for a steal of a deal. Evil Sovereign UK-made steel frame. Frame geometry felt a little different at first but after a couple solid rides I am fawkin pumped on this whip. By far the most lively and solid feeling hardtail I've ridden.

·
Wear Your Seatbelts
3,202 Posts
Just started riding again after a pretty lengthy hiatus. I'm stuck on the road for now(shoulder surgery back in February) but the doc thinks I should be good to go in a month or so. I built this Kestrel Rubicon Comp back in '99 and most parts on it are still from the original built.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I was riding a pretty beaten down 2005 specialized fsr xc and trying to figure out how I was going to come up with the funds for a new ride. Unbeknownst to me my best friend had been raising funds from my friends and family and they presented me with this while I was working on my birthday last week. It was honestly one of the most moving things I'd ever experienced. The bike rides like a dream.
2014 BMC Trailfox 29er with 150mm travel front and rear.
image.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Classics never die?

I'll try to snag some pictures at home, but... mine's an oldie

Gary Fisher Montare (Aluminum frame)
Rapid fire shifters - got tired of messing with GripShift
ODI Ruffian locking grips.
IRC Mythos XC tires for trails
MAXXIS Wormdrive tires for the road
Shimano V-Brake upgrade
RockShox Indy XC front fork

I've had it since my Dad handed it down to me when I was 20

I originally had a Gary Fisher Aquila (Chromo frame) and I just transfered over a couple of components from the bike that were better than what was on the Montare - the Shock that came of the front of it was all urethane internals and they were dry-rotted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kona Unit

Found this 2011 Kona Unit on craigslist. No trails yet, just messing around in the yard. Haven't owned a bike in 20 years :/

201 - 220 of 333 Posts