Pirate 4x4 banner

221 - 240 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got an elderly 2001 Schwinn Straight 8, a 2000 Schwinn Homegrown and most recently picked up a 2011 Canfield Jedi :smokin:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Stepped my game up for this year. '15 Specialized Fatboy SE. Rockshox Bluto coming soon.

Also picked up a '08 Specialized p2 cromo off craigslist for the wife.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Got a closeout 2014 Scott Spark 760 for $400 off in january. Been looking to upgrade for years since I bought my last bike as a 96 closeout in 97. Only way it happened was a decent bonus from the company, and being in the right place at the right time.

Haven't ridden it a ton, but considering I maybe have 200 miles on my old bike, the 10-12 times I've ridden this have been a huge improvement. Loving being on a much more modern setup and being more comfortable, but still don't feel comfy enough to shred like I did when I did my last race in 93/94. But I'm older and fatter now, so...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Just picked this up a week ago, so far its a real fun bike for pedalling up and rips it once you point the wheel downhill.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
Just made a deal on this today. One good thing about being a fan of the 26 over the 29 platform is finding good deals is easy.

trading out some driveshafts and shock mounts on a local guys Sammy buggy. :smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just picked this up for free about a month ago. Been workin' on it little by little when it's raining too much to do anything outside. GT XCR3000 w/ iDrive. Needs a new rear shock - or a rebuild kit if I can find one for it, some hydro fluid for the front brake, and I the upper shock mount is bent, so I have to bend that back without snapping it. I'm pretty excited to get it going though.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
Another new bike in the stable. Bought this at the first of the month. Specialized Epic Comp Carbon. 29er.

This is my first Carbon frame bike. I'm loving the steeper head angle with the 29. The quicker steering and lighter weight really makes it feel a lot smaller than it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Very curious to know how you like those tires, and what kind of terrain you ride? I'm looking for something less aggressive than my schwable rotten rons for the summer
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I love them. I mainly ride paved roads and dirt trails right now because I'm trying to get weight off myself. They do great on basic dirt trails. If the trails are wet or very technical, at all, they would suck. I have the 2.4" tires and they are huge but I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

221 - 240 of 333 Posts